Is Force Feedback broken in Tiger?

According to this review of Logitech's Cordless Rumblepad 2 (and one of the user comments), force feedback is broken on Tiger. Can anyone confirm this? I know the API exists, but does it work?

Now that my game's HID manager code is rock solid, I'm planning on adding force feedback support. Will I be wasting my time (since FF is apparently broken)?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
The latest logitech gamepads (RumblePad 2 and Cordless RumblePad 2) don't support force feedback on Mac OS X. They say as much on the box. I don't know why not, but there is no driver for them and the force feedback driver for other Logitech devices doesn't seem to be hackable to work with them. Pity, 'cos it's a very nice gamepad. I haven't tried asking Logitech about it though.

As far as I know there's nothing wrong with force feedback in general...
I just emailed Logitech. I'll post their response once they get back to me.
Here's their response. I get the feeling they out-source their support...

Quote:Response (Chandan Kumar) 08/22/2005 11:31 PM
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Rumblepad 2 Vibration Feedback.

I understasnd that you would like to know if the Force Feedback is supported on Mac OS X systems.

Unfortunately, the Force Feedback is not supported on any Macintosh system. It is designed to work only on PC's as of now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Force Touch Events? Ropeburn 12 9,537 Feb 9, 2011 11:47 PM
Last Post: omarmaris
  Is -fconstant-string-class broken under the XCode/Next runtime Justin Brimm 17 7,870 Jun 12, 2008 01:04 PM
Last Post: Justin Brimm
  Integrating Force And Torque Nick 5 3,703 Oct 23, 2006 10:03 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Quicktime broken? unknown 4 3,008 Apr 17, 2006 08:10 AM
Last Post: Nick
  is the copy method broken in Tiger? Andrew 7 3,662 May 30, 2005 04:52 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie