3D modeling

Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

Can someone help me with a problem I have... I need someway to figure out how to make a 3D model that actually looks like a character for my game... I can do just about anything, but a character... So please help me... Cry
Sage
steal one and change the textures, then move parts of the mesh slightly?

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

No thanks, I don't do that stuff... Ok?
Oldtimer
If you draw me a concept, I'd be willing to give it a try for kicks. =) I need the learning. Wink
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

I just need some type of a robot from space that would do good in a game like halo or something...
Simple enough, drawing a concept.

You may think it mad, but there is a reason for having people draw on a piece of paper of what your character looks like. From there, you can work out which parts of the character you are going to make with which strategy, spline, primitive, metaballs, etc. In your other thread, people believed you meant a concept drawing - which is why Justin gave you that pic.

I recommend having your main robot as Mr Cube, which can have advanced things such as UV mapping for eyes! It would rock!

And anyways, how are you making this game? It seems that you have little experience here, from your posts (no insult or anything, but it just shines through Rasp), are you coding it yourself or are you using a game engine? How far are you in the process of development? Have you done this type of thing before? Do you like waffles/cookies?
Sage
Quote:No thanks, I don't do that stuff... Ok?
LOL
I meant like use free models that your allowed to use and modify, like clipart but 3D.

Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

I'm having my bigger bro help me, and no, this is our first game, and yes I've programmed games before, but not like this... Ok? And I like waffles... LOL!!! Smile

And as for you unkown, I thought you meant take one from a different game or something... lol Smile
Sage
waffles!!!!!!!
Im eating waffles right now.

Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

LOL, what kind? eago waffles? LOL LOL LOL
man, I could really go for some waffles right now. I'll pay shipping if someone wants to overnight them to me =)

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Fruity
Unregistered

Waffles rock. They called me the "waffle king" in kindergarten.

If you work through some tutorials, your 3d-app skills should improve with time. Smile Rome wasn't built in a day. Just don't head for the difficult stuff right away. Try making the easy/boring stuff first, and you'll slowly improve.. Smile
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

k, I don't know all your names, but I guesse I don't really need to know... Smile
Wow! I was eating waffles at the same time as this! O.O Blink

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Don't you people know?

Waffles are people! They're People!
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advanced poly modeling set, ORIONFLAME .3, is released ! killMeNow 2 3,687 Sep 2, 2005 01:41 PM
Last Post: killMeNow
  Modeling artists Buzzboy_109 15 6,992 Aug 4, 2005 12:39 PM
Last Post: unknown
  3-D modeling/animation apps gatti 40 19,805 Jun 2, 2005 06:36 AM
Last Post: willThimbleby
  Modeling Units Nick 8 4,978 May 9, 2005 12:22 PM
Last Post: Duane
  Character Joint Modeling whogben 1 2,784 Nov 26, 2003 04:40 AM
Last Post: morgant