Camera Controls Poll

When working with a 3d application(not a game), where you are allowed to control the camera, such as modeller or something like that, how do you like your camera to work?

Option 1(True Axis): When you want to move along the X axis, you mean it. Even if that means having to move your mouse in the opposite direction you were moving it when you were on the other side of the axis.

Option 2(Human error): If you move your mouse left, you want the camera to move left. You don't really care if you are changing X or Z or even w * e ^ (the time-space continuum), you want the camera to move where you say it moves.
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
Human error. I can't be bothered to keep track of where the axes are going when I'm working. However, I do like what Blender does: human error is the default, but switches to global (or even object local) axes at the hit of a key.
Is 'error' really the proper term? Just wondering.

Edit: This is for a modeler? I see. Then the Blender example is best; default one way, allow a modifier key to easily switch to other way.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
More importantly:

When is your 3d modeler coming out, LongJumper? Rasp

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
It's not a 3d modeller, I'm not _THAT_ good. Smile I just added camera control to the particle writer. Translate by XY, XZ, rotate by XY, and circle around the axis while always pointing at the particle system origin, just wanted to figure out how people liked to move their camera, so I can do that one instead of having people complain, and then having to go and change it again.

And error probably isn't the correct term. Check the time of the post, I wasn't exactly intelligent at that point in the morning. Smile
For future reference, "Which do you prefer..." is not the most informative title. I've come here three times without realizing that I'm not really interested in the poll Wink

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Once again, time of post. But now that I think about it, while it's not informative, it certainly is enticing. Smile
funkboy Wrote:Is 'error' really the proper term? Just wondering.

How about "local" and "global", or "object relative" and "world relative"?