Can't Find a Good Quadtree Tutorial/Example

Sage
I've been scowering the web for a while trying to figure out how to implement a quadtree into my engine for all the reasons one would wish to use a quadtree. Unfortunately all I'm finding is "each node requires four children nodes" following by a pretty diagram. I understand that each node has four children nodes but I'm having a hard time really understanding the quadtree. Is a node any single object? Do the children nodes each have four children nodes? How do you get all the squares in their diagrams of the "world"? Obviously it's a quadtree but I just don't see how the nodes relate to land. Also, partly because of these questions, I do not know how one would code such a feature. If anyone knows of any tutorials that are very in depth to the logic and possibly code samples of quadtree classes, could you please post the link?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
The GameDev.net tutorial is pretty good...
Sage
The GameDev.net tutorial (the second one I found) is very good at explaining the logic behind the quadtree. I hope to start today and have it done later. Maybe.

For those of you in my boat, here's the link: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/article...le1303.asp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help finding good tutorial or sample code.... belboz 8 4,478 Jan 26, 2003 07:41 PM
Last Post: Josh