21 Days Later: Predator Score breakdowns

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
Um, did judge #4 think that I did so bad that they wouldn't even give me any points in any category? I'm a bit confused. Huh

edit: So I'm not the only one. Could they not run them? Judge #1 gave one set of zeros, and judge #4 gave two. 10.3 with a Radeon isn't that steep of requirements is it?
Skorche Wrote:Um, did judge #4 think that I did so bad that they wouldn't even give me any points in any category? I'm a bit confused. Huh

It looks like a few games got zeros in all categories for one judge or another, I assume scores weren't recieved for these judges.

Although the zero's shouldn't be used in the average so this is wrong...
Founder
Two quick things to point out...

First, please see the announcement on the winners. I stated that as always, games that are not able to run, receive no points from the judge. (Three cases if I recall) Also, the "averages" are there soley for entertainment reasons, they are not used to determine winners. The total score is.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Sage
Well that's dissapointing, but oh well.
My guess is that Militant Hamster got 0s because the judge didn't install that framework thingy.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Nibbie
Which judge was which?
whogben Wrote:Which judge was which?

That's a secret. If I don't get to kill any of them, nobody does. Rasp

⌘-R in Chief
Well that's odd....... X-Fish ran fine, and was a great game too. It was 2nd on my list.
I agree. I think there was quite a large number of games that didn't run in this contest. Is that normal with most games, that 3 of every 32 players cannot run the software? Seems like far too high a number.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Nibbie
I dont think it would be any serious breach of privacy to know which judge was which number, but for people who want to email them and ask for suggestions / comments, it would save time having to email all of them.
Daniel_Lurie Wrote:My guess is that Militant Hamster got 0s because the judge didn't install that framework thingy.
I am still having problems getting it to link to the framework inside the app bundle. Its frustrating as hell. Something really mind numbingly simple is not working.

Aside, it was sligtly frustrating to do this bad, but I think me and my teammate were a little ambitious and bit off too much. I have to write a full complete design document for the game for a class I am taking and I am seeing many many flaws in our approach and design. Imagine, a ~60 page design doc on a game made in 21 days Sneaky . Oh well, I learned a lot.
NitroPye Wrote:I am still having problems ... Oh well, I learned a lot.

That's really the goal of the contest, so try not to feel too bad; the lessons learned, if taken to heart, are worth more than a prize.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Nibbie
Thats why I want to know which jugde is which and ask for suggestions from the ones that ranked me lowest, so I can sneef Justin next year.
NitroPye Wrote:I am still having problems getting it to link to the framework inside the app bundle. Its frustrating as hell. Something really mind numbingly simple is not working.

We had some talk from the last contest about embedding the OpenAL framework into one of the contest entries (Cocoa Mad-Racer, was it?) Have you checked out that thread for any clues on what you may be doing wrong?

Quote:Aside, it was sligtly frustrating to do this bad, but I think me and my teammate were a little ambitious and bit off too much. I have to write a full complete design document for the game for a class I am taking and I am seeing many many flaws in our approach and design. Imagine, a ~60 page design doc on a game made in 21 days Sneaky . Oh well, I learned a lot.

What I learned the last time I entered this contest (which would've been "Accelerated") was that really the best design was something that would've been about a page. Anything more would've been overkill. And make it something that you can program in two weeks. My contest entry, Neko Type-R, was actually done in just under 14 days since I started on it a week late for the contest and that was going from idea, a vague design, programming, and artwork (admittedly, I did lift the cat sprites off from the program Neko but I gave full credit for that and they were pretty much in the public domain anyway).

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).