21 Days Later: Predator Score breakdowns

Founder
Quote:the lessons learned, if taken to heart, are worth more than a prize.
That has to be the best statement I've read on iDG's forum in the last few months. Good on ya mate.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Perhaps some kind of motto? Like in small letters in the corner of the forum page?

Alex
I was the judge who couldn't play two of the games. Skorche, the Radeon requirement was too stiff for me. I think the scores should be averaged. You shouldn't have been penalized for my old video card.

I installed the framework that Militant Hamster required, but I was still unable to play the game. The author of the game provided no way to contact him by email so I had no way of getting the game to run.

Mark
szymczyk Wrote:I was the judge who couldn't play two of the games.

You realize you are no longer part of the Witness Protection Program, right?

Rasp

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Sage
szymczyk Wrote:I was the judge who couldn't play two of the games. Skorche, the Radeon requirement was too stiff for me.

Really? Didn't expect that one. I just wanted to use rectangle textures as they make life much easier for images and sprites. Anyone have an estimate for the number of Rage128 users still out there?
Ha! You all bow before my Voodoo II!

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
szymczyk Wrote:I installed the framework that Militant Hamster required, but I was still unable to play the game. The author of the game provided no way to contact him by email so I had no way of getting the game to run.
Yea, Militant Hamster was rectangle textures requiring (although admittedly with some design changes it wouldn't have to be)

You could always just PM me or email via the email address I have in my forum profile here.

p.s. stupid Rage128 stupid stupid Rage128
Not meaning to change the subject a bit. But Carlos, can we have a table like that for Vectorized? I think I've requested it a few times now and not seen it... Sorry to be persistent! :-)

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - In memory of Douglas Adams.
My Site
Sounds like a minimum system requirement may be a good idea to have next time. Of course, in 'real' life, the developer (or publisher) sets the requirement, not the end user. A developer will take into account the end user somewhat if he wants sales, though. I suppose iDevGames can act as sort of the 'publisher' by setting system requirements.

Is that a good idea?

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
NitroPye Wrote:You could always just PM me or email via the email address I have in my forum profile here.

p.s. stupid Rage128 stupid stupid Rage128

I wanted to email you from your profile, but your profile was set to block email messages. I see that the profile is now set to allow email messages. Too bad the contest is over now.

I wish I had a better video card, but my finances have forced me to stick with my four year old Mac that came with a Rage128. I'm sure everyone's attitude has now switched from rage to pity. Grin

Mark Szymczyk
http://www.meandmark.com
Corun Wrote:Not meaning to change the subject a bit. But Carlos, can we have a table like that for Vectorized? I think I've requested it a few times now and not seen it... Sorry to be persistent! :-)

Carlos, if you want to send me the xls for that, I'll whip one up for Vectorized, too.

Sage
szymczyk Wrote:I'm sure everyone's attitude has now switched from rage to pity. Grin
Not that I ever was angry, just confused.
Daniel_Lurie Wrote:Ha! You all bow before my Voodoo II!

The sad thing is, I actually have one of those sitting in a box at home... It's got the VGA pass-thru cable and everything.

I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to participate in one of these contest (I'd really like to) but I second the specification of minimum requirements. Sure it's an early lesson in the school of hard knocks, where people who download your game and can't make it work just give up and you lose a sale Wink but with such a small pool of "buyers" it seems unduly harsh.

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Founder
>can we have a table like that for Vectorized?
Table? Can you give me a link? btw... I'm posting 21DL results, etc in the forum since I don't want to add to the main site's database (as it will be morphed soon), so when I'm ready, all the info in the forum related to winners, etc. about 21Dl will be moved into the Contest area of the main site. OK?

Mark, you have a Rage 128? Sorry, I can't be your shield anymore... Snipers -- go ahead. Just kidding. If you do have a Rage 128, then that is a true shame. I have a Radeon, which I got from Matt Diamond (sent from the US). I think it is homesick for the US, so let me know and I will send it to you! (I have removed it from my Mac after getting a 9800 Sapphire and flashing it -- SUPER EASY!, and less than $120!!)

>Sounds like a minimum system requirement may be a good idea to have next time.
That is a reasonable request. Once thing I have wanted to do is to have the judges tell me their system spec, then pass that info along to the entrants. One monkey wrench in that is the fact that at the start of any 21DL contest, I sign up about 8 judges, because I know that by the time to vote, there will be 4 to 5 people available. I could post 8 system specs and as we get closer to the voting time, remove the systems from the judges that have to pass. Though this could mean anything from a Rage 128 to the latest and greatest. Hmm... ideas?

>Carlos, if you want to send me the xls for that, I'll whip one up for Vectorized, too.
Yep, I have all the xls data.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
szymczyk Wrote:I wanted to email you from your profile, but your profile was set to block email messages. I see that the profile is now set to allow email messages. Too bad the contest is over now.
Weird, i never changed the prefs. Its my fault really, I should have put in a more detailed readme including email or something, but my partner was sending me art assets and I was having enough problems dealing with photoshop's piss poor exports to png, and all those last minute things I took forgranted. So we were pretty much working on getting it to run until the last minute.
szymczyk Wrote:I wish I had a better video card, but my finances have forced me to stick with my four year old Mac that came with a Rage128. I'm sure everyone's attitude has now switched from rage to pity. Grin
No pun intended right Wink
Here I am bitching about my machine every other day, 1ghz powerbook with a Radeon 9000m.
I really really really hope that the switch to intel gives apple, just a *little* room to play with as far as price goes, just a tad.