Accelerate framework and an odd error

This has gotten me really pissed. I added the accelerate.framework to my project, then included Accelerate/Accelerate.h.

error: 'vFloat' does not name a type

Well, the hell it doesn't, because in the .cpp file it's a-ok, in another project it's working just fine with the same includes. What gives?
Quote this message in a reply
Well, it looks like you need to enable altivec extensions in your build settings to do this, so that fixed it. But then that gives me an other question, I was under the impression that Accelerate was an abstract layer, in that it doesn't neccesarily use altivec, so that when the intel chips come out, the accelerate framework will work the same. Am I wrong?
Oldtimer
IIRC, Accelerate will work on Intel's SSE instructions, yes. But if you haven't got Altivec enabled, XCode will just turn all SIMD stuff off - IIRC, that is.
Ok, and how can I get a simple float out of one of the elements of a vFloat? There is no documentation for this at all, and the names of the functions are writtein in such a way you'd think that code runs faster with shorter function names.

edit: Nevermind, just unioned a float array with a vFloat instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Accelerate and working with Integer Arrays SIMD Bersaelor 6 5,958 Jul 6, 2010 07:56 AM
Last Post: Bersaelor