Past uDevGames content

Okay, I'm trying to find the source code for my 2003 entry as I've switched computers since it was written and someone was asking about it.

Unfortunately the Work in Progress forums only go back to July 2004 and Contests forums only go back to November 2003 just after the contest finished.

Does anyone know if any of the uDevGames source or postmortems or development diaries exist online or are they all lost to the mists of time? Or did we just waste our time writing up the postmortems for them to just sit in a virtual draw somewhere
Mad
Quote this message in a reply
I've managed to find the source code archive that was submitted for the uDevGames 2003 contest hiding away on a corner of my network.

It has now been uploaded and can be downloaded from the official Garden Pests webpage.

Keywords for anyone searching the forum for non OpenGL based 2D sprites using Cocoa and Quartz.
There weren't any dev diaries for the 2003 contest were there? They started in 2004 right? As for the postmortems, I don't recall ever seeing any of them posted.
There is a serious lack of follow up on these contests, not fulfilling the promised goals of the contest year after year is very unprofessional, especially with each passing year more is expected from the devs, and then that work pretty much ends up wasted.

I know I was mentioned in a few post mortems in 2003 for supporting the work of several winning devs via time in the chat room, testing, suggetions, etc. I want to point to these games, the devs, and the notation while applying for colleges, but I can't because they never got put online here, where they are supposed to be.

Source code for three games: MIA

I hear there is a lot of assests rotting on the beta idevgames website, thats a shame.

Anyway, the Dead Days post mortem has been in my signature for months now, you might want to print to PDF if its of any value to you.
I've added the postmortem for my 2004 entry, Industrial Revolution, to my website. The link to the postmortem can be found at the bottom of the game's webpage.

The development diary will be added to the site soon.
The development diary has now been added. The link to it is on the same page as above.

Do any of the other entrants want to post links to their 2004 postmortem and development diary?
Founder
Andrew, I do in fact have all the content, so nothing should be lost. It is a matter of finding time (and often people to lend a hand.) I understand your point completely. With your points in mind (as well as the fact I'm going through a major change in my life), I've decided to put uDevGames on hold until I can sort out the uDevGames site (i.e. postmortem, code, playables). So, once the site has all of its past contentposted , I'll move forward.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
I'm very keen to see all past uDevGames content back online, and I'd like to help out with that. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

PS. slightly late happy birthday. Wink

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Founder
> I'd like to help out with that.
Thanks. At the moment, I need to finish settling into my in-laws house. My wife and I moved here a few weeks ago, and 1/2 of my gear is still in moving boxes. On July 8th, we will have a fiber-topics cable (100Mbps but 'real life' speed is about 25 to 40 Mbps) installed which should make working on the Internet much easier (I've been driving to an Internet Cafe for the last few weeks.) I'm also finishing up a project dubbed "Mac Italiano" (my Sawtooth conversion to a candy apple md-tower atx case.) Perhaps more info than you needed to know. Wink In summary, I'm edging closer to being able to spend vast amount of time on iDevGames & uDevGames. When I'm ready for outside help, I will announce it.

>PS. slightly late happy birthday.
Arigatou

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames