Motorcycle Game Weapons

Man, when I saw this thread I thought immediately about an arcade game I used to play at my college before it dissapeared ... I haven't seen it anywhere since. The game is called Motor Raid and it was brilliant in its simplicity ... of course, part of the fun was controlling a motorcycle (as opposed to controlling it via keyboard or console controller) .... but I loved that game. You just raced, whacked other riders, and used some boost power. I need to find it somewhere.
Quote this message in a reply
DaFalcon Wrote:You just raced, whacked other riders, and used some boost power. I need to find it somewhere.

You know, that sounds like:
Generic Motorcycle Game!

I should make it Rasp

Alex
The obligatory wheel spike Smile And maybe something like hydraulics. Its always fun to bounce Wink

There was a long silence...
'I claim them all,' said the Savage at last.
Apprentice
Mach rider had a cool machine gun...
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

I know of something you could use on your motorcycle... You should have something like a huge spike stickin out of the front of the bike, use it like a ram rod or something.... Smile
Buzzboy_109 Wrote:I know of something you could use on your motorcycle... You should have something like a huge spike stickin out of the front of the bike, use it like a ram rod or something.... Smile

Hahaha, right now my placeholder weapon model is a giant golf club sticking out the front!
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

LOL LOL LOL So you thought of that before I even said anything? So do you want to use my idea?
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

I think it would be cool... What type of graphics is the game? Is it REALLy good?
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

Hey Jake, that pic that you put on my thread, use the head from the android as a rammer on the front of the bike!!! LOL
Buzzboy_109 Wrote:Hey Jake, that pic that you put on my thread, use the head from the android as a rammer on the front of the bike!!! LOL

That would be very weird - maybe a cheat code to replace a spike with the head of an android would be cool for registered users, or a powerup that just does a bunch of weird things.
Could we see any screenshots of your work in progress? Or an estimated arrival date, even for a alpha / beta playable?

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Most of the progress has been in the code and not assets. I have computers added and I should be able to get screenshots once I finish the AI for them. Weapons have been coded along with their animations but right now im still using placeholder graphics.

I may start a thread requesting help with assets soon (paid of course) because my main artist is gone all summer.
Sage
What assest do you need, I could create 3D models of weapons if you like.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Buzzboy_109
Unregistered

I'm also really good with 3D modeling for weapons, and maybe a COOL bike... I don't think you need to pay me though... Just to give me something to do... Smile
Heres a screenshot. Most of those UI things are placeholders and will look better, but they function. The box in front of the player is the placeholder weapon lol

[Image: newgame.jpg]

After reading my list of weapons I realized their all easy and I'm just going to do them myself lol.

BUT I do need buildings, lots of buildings! And other random objects. Here is the thread - http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9821