Obj-C: Why can't I use my newly added method

Steven Wrote:Typos are probably the #1 cause of code errors, that wasn't a personal attack

exactly. Typos have absolutely nothing to do with coding skills. Some of the world's best computer scientists are also the world's worst typists. I was just trying to help you find the problem with code.
Quote this message in a reply
emileej
Unregistered

hehe yea sorry for lashing out like that - was a bit stressed. However the first thing I do when getting errors like "unknown symbol" etc. is to copy/paste the name to the declarations, definitions and places where its used. I really don't get this error.
Andrew Wrote:exactly. Typos have absolutely nothing to do with coding skills. Some of the world's best computer scientists are also the world's worst typists. I was just trying to help you find the problem with code.

I have a co-worker who's slightly dyslexic and coded the basis of one of our UI engines. To this day, I still have to remember that kRecursiveDeleteAfterDisconect is not the correct spelling.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Global find and replace Wink

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Steven Wrote:Global find and replace Wink

You know, we thought about doing that so many times but this was on a project that was under-budget and behind schedule and we were putting out so many "fires" that doing a global find and replace to fix one constant was really, really low on our list of things that needed doing. Smile

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).