SDL already ported to Mactel?

MarkJ
Unregistered

This is a picture of the Big Board of Apps That Run On Intel Already at WWDC. Look near the bottom right corner.

[Image: ported.jpg]

That's good news for some, though those of us doing our own OpenGL will still probably have endian issues to work around with reading and storing model data, colors, and that sort of thing.
Quote this message in a reply
Yea! Now all we need are gamers on x86 Macs worth writing SDL games for.
That's an old picture. BugThug should be on there too. Grin
Airburst Extreme supposedly runs well under Rosetta too (which isn't surprising seeing as its minimum spec is a 600Mhz G3 and the Intellitoshes are 3.4Ghz)
That's not very surprising (about SDL) since it was written for x86 Linux PCs first. Grin I suspect the majority of porting issues people will run into are related to assuming OSX === big-endian.

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Yeah, I'm going to have to modify my endian stuff to stop assuming that __APPLE__ is big endian. But that's not terribly hard, about a line of code and I'm off to Happy Intel Land.

Newest game: Glow, a sci-fi RPG with lots of zombie bashing. Get it: OS X
I'm really not looking forward to it. I rely on SDL 1.3, which probably hasn't been intel-ized yet... ODE, fmod, tinyxml, and SDL_image. I have the source to most of these, but fmod I do not. I'll be leaving the conversion as late as possible... It's always faster when others have already done the hard work Rasp

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
ravuya Wrote:Yeah, I'm going to have to modify my endian stuff to stop assuming that __APPLE__ is big endian. But that's not terribly hard, about a line of code and I'm off to Happy Intel Land.

Yeah, me too. All my SDL projects were cross platform, and always assumed that __APPLE__ (or _MAC_OS_X_) was an indication about the endianness of the system... Anyway, a global search & replace should be enough for me. Grin
PowerMacX Wrote:Yeah, me too. All my SDL projects were cross platform, and always assumed that __APPLE__ (or _MAC_OS_X_) was an indication about the endianness of the system... Anyway, a global search & replace should be enough for me. Grin

I should have used the SDL system:

#if SDL_BYTEORDER == SDL_LIL_ENDIAN
// blah
#else
// blah de blah
#endif

Newest game: Glow, a sci-fi RPG with lots of zombie bashing. Get it: OS X

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OffsetBumpMapping ported arekkusu 7 4,284 Apr 10, 2005 08:14 AM
Last Post: arekkusu