Question about using Subversion and svnserve

Does anyone here use Subversion and svnserve to remotely access their repositories from another computer? I pretty much got Subversion up and running at home and I can do stuff with my repositories locally but now I'm trying to figure out how to get to it when I'm at the office. My guess is that I'll have to open up the port for svnserve both on the software firewall and the router but I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience doing this.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Quote this message in a reply
I use Apache2 with SVN and it works great. Little tricky to get going initially, but a breeze after that. I dunno about OSX (or whatever OS you're using for a server) but on Debian you can apt-get all the pieces you need and be going in no time. Then you also get all the extra features of Apache like user logins and such. Dunno what all svnserve provides, I haven't tried it.

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
I use svnserve on a 'nix box under my stairs and access it using xcode and the CLI from my G5.

Once set up, this pretty much 'just works'.

You do have to watch out for occasional gotchas like TextEdit clobbering the .svn folder inside .rtfd packages, but once you know about the problem you can work around it.

-- Giles Williams
Oolite - retro space-sim agogo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Broken Subversion problem BeyondCloister 2 3,073 Jun 20, 2009 12:12 PM
Last Post: BeyondCloister
  Using Subversion 1.5 with Xcode 3 to manage libraries over multiple projects Sea Manky 5 4,057 Jun 29, 2008 12:55 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Subversion Client BeyondCloister 8 4,084 Jun 7, 2006 01:04 PM
Last Post: ravuya
  Free Subversion Solution Nick 6 3,441 Jan 4, 2006 01:29 PM
Last Post: Malarkey
  Changing Subversion server in Xcode BeyondCloister 2 3,423 Mar 13, 2005 01:55 PM
Last Post: BeyondCloister