Finally…

…got an iPod Touch. I'm looking to buy some games to try it out with, and since iDG is kind of an awesome place, I figured I'd ask around here.

So… Games? Grin

-LG

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Jumbline is my favorite. Bookworm and Tetris are good too.

I'm sure the iDG authors will chime in with their own games, but I can think offhand of Chopper, DuckDuckDuck, Streetball, Crayon Ball, Twilight Golf, Skee-Ball, Blackbeard's Revenge... sure there's more I'm missing.
If you're into tower defense games, Tower Madness Zero and Star Defense are some of the best TD games I've found so far. Let me know if there are any other good ones, as tower defense is one of my favorite casual gaming genres.

I also love Crush the Castle [and free version] (Armor Games). Could be just me, but it consistently makes me smile. Well worth the money for the full version IMHO.

Everyone's favourite forum lurker!
https://github.com/NSError
I'm pretty addicted to Mini Squadron right now. And Pollywog by Frank C, but that's still in review. Wink

The classic line-drawing game is Flight Control.

Then there's always Slope Rider by me. Smile Try the free version first to see if you like it!
Of any iPhone game, I've spent the most time playing Masyu.
Sage
Heh, somebody already mentioned our games, so I'll leave it at that. Wink

Games I've enjoyed in no particular order: Galcon, Toy Bot Diaries, The Creeps, Edge, Coins, Ragdoll Blast, Geo Defense (no the swarm version), Sketch Dungeon, and Hook Champ.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Ours are Flick Fishing, SlotZ Racer, Grunts & Plank so far. All excellent games of course (and currently Flick Fishing and SlotZ are on sale Smile )
How did I miss this thread?!? ZZZ

Some great games already mentioned! Don't forget GL Golf, and there's a great free retro shooter called PewPew that's totally under-appreciated.

And if you want to physically hurt yourself you can always try my first game Pinch 'n Pop! Wink
I'm not generally a fan of golf or fishing, but I'll check them out. Smile

@monteboyd: Thanks for the tip - I bought Slope Rider after about 2 minutes of playing around with it. I really like the fast feel of the game(although I'm more often in the trees than riding around Rasp)

@Zwilnik: I bought SlotZ Racer to start, and it's really excellent. I'll be checking out some more of your games when I get a chance.

@ThemsAllTook: Bought it, love it -- 'nuff said. Smile

@cmiller: So far, the only one of your recommendations I've gotten a chance to try is Crush the Castle. The demo was amusing, but I'd have a hard time getting into it enough to actually buy the game(I know, iPhone games are cheap, but…). Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

@Frank C: I dunno, that sounds a bit like a challenge. Ninja

I will probably be downloading Crayon Ball in the near future since it's so great on the Mac.
Another really nice one is Touch Attack. Not extremely challenging, but very nice graphics/music/gameplay, and very polished.

And of course, ZombieVille USA is insanely great. Ninja

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

-Lincoln Green

- Lincoln Green
I really like the Home Run 3D app... really fun and addictive, especially playing against random people from around the world.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Hairball183 Wrote:Another really nice one is Whack Attack. Not extremely challenging, but very nice graphics/music/gameplay, and very polished.

Thank you very much Lincoln! Smile

We've received a lot of really nice feedback on it and good web reviews too. Also received some legal notice but that's another story (it's called Touch Attack now). Had we known back then what the iPhone game market was all about, I doubt we would have done that game. It's simplistic, but as you mentioned, it's well-polished. The polish itself definitely gains solid reviews, but the polish doesn't bring in many sales on its own. Hindsight being 20/20... Rolleyes We've recently used it to learn how to do in app purchases (IAP), so we have a new free version including IAP, called Touch Attack FREE+, but we're still waiting on approval (several weeks now). We have some other games waiting to be developed and I have another one I've been considering releasing, but we're waiting for other other things to fall into place. iPhone is a nutty market, and I've been skittish about messing with it too much.
Skee-ball is easy to pick up and play though Ramp Champ has some nice visuals. I get frustrated by Ramp Champ though as you have to essentially get lucky to beat the harder objectives.
Hairball183 Wrote:@monteboyd: Thanks for the tip - I bought Slope Rider after about 2 minutes of playing around with it. I really like the fast feel of the game(although I'm more often in the trees than riding around Rasp)

Wow, thanks Hairball183! Grin I owe you a beer.
BTW - you can turn the speed down and adjust the sensitivity in the options. Like AnotherJake's 20/20 hindsight I've now realised I should have gone for defaults easier-to-control rather than faster, but I wanted it to look smooth and speedy!

Based on this thread I think we should really put together some sort of Games by iDevGames developers page. I've been thinking this for a while actually.
monteboyd Wrote:Based on this thread I think we should really put together some sort of Games by iDevGames developers page. I've been thinking this for a while actually.

Seems like this was discussed previously but nothing came of it. I agree that it'd be a good idea!

On a separate topic: I forgot to mention earlier that I totally dig Crush the Castle as well. I've only played the Flash version, so I don't know if the iPhone version is as good.
OneSadCookie Wrote:Jumbline is my favorite. Bookworm and Tetris are good too.

I'm sure the iDG authors will chime in with their own games, but I can think offhand of Chopper, DuckDuckDuck, Streetball, Crayon Ball, Twilight Golf, Skee-Ball, Blackbeard's Revenge... sure there's more I'm missing.

Jumbline looks like hours and hours of self-deprecating fun. Rasp
Got Bookworm on the Mac, and will definitely be checking it out on the iPod.

Skorche Wrote:Heh, somebody already mentioned our games, so I'll leave it at that. Wink

Games I've enjoyed in no particular order: Galcon, Toy Bot Diaries, The Creeps, Edge, Coins, Ragdoll Blast, Geo Defense (no the swarm version), Sketch Dungeon, and Hook Champ.

I bought Crayon Ball, and it's even better on the iPhone than the Mac.
I loved the menu screen as well -- is your artist available for work on other games? Grin

Frank C. Wrote:And if you want to physically hurt yourself you can always try my first game Pinch 'n Pop! Wink

Downloaded it, and frankly, I find it a little disturbing… Blink

AnotherJake Wrote:We've received a lot of really nice feedback on it and good web reviews too. Also received some legal notice but that's another story (it's called Touch Attack now). Had we known back then what the iPhone game market was all about, I doubt we would have done that game. It's simplistic, but as you mentioned, it's well-polished. The polish itself definitely gains solid reviews, but the polish doesn't bring in many sales on its own. Hindsight being 20/20... Rolleyes We've recently used it to learn how to do in app purchases (IAP), so we have a new free version including IAP, called Touch Attack FREE+, but we're still waiting on approval (several weeks now). We have some other games waiting to be developed and I have another one I've been considering releasing, but we're waiting for other other things to fall into place. iPhone is a nutty market, and I've been skittish about messing with it too much.

*quietly edits post*

I can understand choosing not to continue developing for the iPhone, given the crazy market, but Touch Attack was excellent, so I will be looking forward to the next one should you choose to continue.

monteboyd Wrote:Wow, thanks Hairball183! Grin I owe you a beer.
BTW - you can turn the speed down and adjust the sensitivity in the options. Like AnotherJake's 20/20 hindsight I've now realised I should have gone for defaults easier-to-control rather than faster, but I wanted it to look smooth and speedy!

Meh, I love a challenge. Ninja

Thanks once again for all the suggestions. There are lots of nice games out there.

- Lincoln Green