Can you guys test out of 3D demo?

KhaosifixII
Unregistered

Hello,
A great deal of people have been complaining about my demo saying that nothing is being rendered which makes no sense to me. The demo itself renders perfectly on my system. Here it is :

http://www.cogsprocket.com/~qhacks/talitha/Here.rar
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
I assume from the file extension that this is a Windows demo. This is a Macintosh development forum, so you'll probably find that few people can run it.

Still, if you choose to stick around, welcome.
KhaosifixII
Unregistered

OneSadCookie Wrote:I assume from the file extension that this is a Windows demo. This is a Macintosh development forum, so you'll probably find that few people can run it.

Mac development forum? oh gosh
*Giggles as KhaosifixII runs away with exaggerated horror, screaming and throwing people out of the way*
Sage
To a lot of windows people, it would be like discovering the bar you're in is actually a *** bar.

I can't tell you how many times windows programmers, on hearing that the stuff I do is on Mac, say "What!? A *mac*? You can't be serious."

Edit: the starred out word refers to sexual orientation. Thanks for censoring me, forum. I forgive you.
Puzzler183
Unregistered

I use Windows so I'll test it later... And for the record thank god I do (cheaper for equivalent hardware and better graphics drivers for my shaders work).

Of course, if you choose to use Mac and have the money, I have no qualms. All of my code is cross platform.
I can't believe it...this is the 20th time I've heard that since I've been here. All of the guys at school hate that I use a Mac...they say that Windows is best no matter how many times I say that XP is Panther on crack and Longhorn is XP on crack...anyways, back on subject. No, I do not have a Windows. Yes, I want one for these reasons. If you want a Mac, try a Mac Mini if anything, that way you can use your PC's monitor to run OSX at a reasonable price. Capiesh? Capiesh. (How do I spell that?)

Last login: Sat Aug 6 09:15:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Matt-Chelens-Computer:~ matthew$
Kapish.

The mac community is much more friendly than the quick demanding people in the windows society, very quick to criticise someones work they did in spare time - something could not even aspire to and they can't even spell their complaints like a human being, let alone in good english.
Much better feedback in the mac community, and with the type of advertising we're getting for WWDC, I would guess something big is coming up for the gaming aspects of the mac pretty soon. Probably to satisfy all those iPod switching users.
I agree. Never turn to a Windows community for something like that. And if something's done in your spare time, here, you don't get criticized no matter how horrible it may be, they may offer you help instead. You could have a sphere that looks like a cube. We don't care, we help you get it done better instead of saying (this is NOT aimed at you. This is an example of what I've seen other places) "Shut up you blow hard! You're a ****** ******* for coming here looking for help on that cruddy thing!" Believe me, I've seen that a forum before. Mad And what's worse? The admins and mods don't care. Cry But, all in all, even if you do have a Windows, if you decide to stay, we'll help. Also, if you want somebody to try to get it working on a Mac, you do that Smile . All the better for all of us. Wink .

Oh, I almost forgot, welcome, KhaosifixII, and enjoy your stay Grin

(btw, if I had a dollar for every time someone said something like "Mac development forum? oh gosh," I'd be a millionaire LOL ) (no offense meant, KhaosifixII)

Welcome to Darwin!
OneSadCookie Wrote:I assume from the file extension that this is a Windows demo. This is a Macintosh development forum, so you'll probably find that few people can run it.

Oh and, a few Mac things have a .rar format for unstuufing such as Nexuiz and Torque. I use it sometimes because it holds alot in small sizes

Welcome to Darwin!
Puzzler183
Unregistered

Ok, I'm starting to think about leaving here too... PC bashing is really annoying. The argument between PC and Mac is no argument - from what I see, the only bad thing about the PC is Windows which is easily remedied. So why don't we get back on topic and help Khaos, eh?

When I run, I only see a black window. I'll take a look at your source in a bit.
Ok, back on topic, Khaos, do you want someone to put it on Mac?

Welcome to Darwin!
...lol

(10 characters)
KhaosifixII
Unregistered

I don't care if you guys use Mac. But I'm pretty confident that most of you are familiar with OpenGL so it would help if you guys take a look over the source code and evaluate. I'm barely online so try e-mailing me at KhaosifixII@gmail.com