I need some recomendations: Click Adventures

thomas_a
Unregistered

one more thing: here is a different named one, called indy_applet.class.

/* default package */

public final class indy_applet extends java/applet/Applet
implements r
{
/* Fields */
q a;
java/lang/String b;
java/lang/String c;
java/lang/String d;
java/util/Properties e;
my_lib/m_media f;
static java/lang/Class g;

/* Constructors */
public indy_applet() {
}

/* Methods */
static java/lang/Class b(java/lang/String) {
}

public void destroy() {
}

public void init() {
}

public void a(java/lang/String) {
}

boolean c(java/lang/String) {
}

public void paint(java/awt/Graphics) {
}

public void start() {
}

public void stop() {
}

public void update(java/awt/Graphics) {
}

private static java/lang/String d(java/lang/String) {
}

}

it seems that it is connnecting to the smaller files.

ONE MORE THING:

there are files within folders. There are 4 a.class files, all different. did the dude just use this as orginziation or is it important to the java? is any of it unnecisrery?
Quote this message in a reply
Snakey: If you've got m4d gr4ph1c5 5k1llz and/or m4d c0d1ng 5k1llz and/or m4d 5t0ry 5k1llz, then I'd be happy to work with you for uDG. I'm sure I'd be able to come up with a blazingly fast and elegant engine to run a Monkey Island type game within 2 months. I'm equally sure that I could come up with the graphics for one in two months. I just can't do both at the same time Smile

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Thomas,

I think you're shooting a bit too high. Your goals for a end goal are fine, but since you have no experience, you'd be better off starting much smaller. Do a card game, a tic-tac-toe game, etc.

Start small and work your way up. Otherwise, you're likely to get frustrated and give up.

Wade
thomas_a
Unregistered

well I sorta figured that. Then again, I'm shooting for art design/direction in games rather than coding. But it would make sense if i needed to know a little coding too. Im a bit of a slow learner when i comes to any launguage (even coding). I learn by tweaking and getting hands on with the language (thats how I learned HTML and CSS). Any suggestions for tutorials and/or sources?
If you're just learning programming, I'd say go with BlitzMax (http://blitzmax.com/Products/_index_.php). Easy syntax, works with (most) BASIC commands but has good OOP (that's object-oriented programming), can be compiled for Mac, Windows, and Linux, and has a huge library of commands/functions. Unfortunately, it costs $80, but I own it, and it's worth it, at least to me. Lets you get stuff done fast and easy, without sacrificing design or running speed. And there are tutorials for it, plus a huge amount of forum support.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
diordna Wrote:Snakey: If you've got m4d gr4ph1c5 5k1llz and/or m4d c0d1ng 5k1llz and/or m4d 5t0ry 5k1llz, then I'd be happy to work with you for uDG. I'm sure I'd be able to come up with a blazingly fast and elegant engine to run a Monkey Island type game within 2 months. I'm equally sure that I could come up with the graphics for one in two months. I just can't do both at the same time Smile
Pay attention fool! Wink
I said we would all like to make a money island type game, not monkey island Grin
thomas_a
Unregistered

I tried blitz max a whole ago, and its good, but not worth 80 bucks to me. I did the basic tutorial of the moving white dot XD. Thats it.
I guess I could toy around with it a bit more. But like I said, im trying not waste too much money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2D Click to 3D Point Disparity 14 6,957 Jul 11, 2008 08:30 AM
Last Post: Trodmi