Tiger breaks SDL?

I've just had this bug report posted on my forum; unfortunately, I don't possess a Tiger-capable Mac at the moment, so I'm just wondering if somebody here could dl shivering kittens and loopTHEloop from sealfin.com and report whether they experience the same problems? Most likely cause is that I'm bundling an outdated version of SDL, but without a Tiger-box to test on...
Quote:System specs: 14" iBook G4/933, 640MB RAM, OS X 10.4, ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 32MB.

I'm a hopeless Shivering Kittens addict these days. Thus, I was saddened to find that, post-Tiger-install, the blocks don't drop properly and the timer freezes. I can still quit the game normally and get the pop-up reminder, but I can't actually play.

Please help before I gnaw my fingers into stubs from withdrawal. Thanks. Smile

Ard

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Quote this message in a reply
Nobody?

La la la, minimum post length...

Mark Bishop
--
loopTHEloop works fine. Shivering kittens gameplay freezes after you place the first piece. The music continues, I can still click the close window button(by the way, you need to add apple-q and apple-w, if I can't hit apple-q in a windowed application I get really annoyed, I'm sure other people do too) but no pieces come out and the timer doesn't move.
Thanks for the testing! Now that is very odd, as both shivering kittens and loopTHEloop use identical APIs/frameworks; damn damn damn, I'll try swapping the frameworks bundled with loop into kittens, but testing this by proxy is a pain Annoyed

And yes, kittens and loop both need a lot of the interface niceties to be implemented, niceties which are supposedly fixed in newer versions of SDL; unfortunately, my Mac is so messed up that SDL refuses to install Cry

Mark Bishop
--
I think most people are still trying to get their Tiger installs to work properly. Smile Actually, I just installed Tiger but I'm still reconstructing all my user data from backups but hopefully I can try it out too this weekend.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Apologies for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I've just released a new version of loopTHEloop, and I'm wondering if anybody can (again) test it on 10.4? Link is as above, but I'll repeat it here anyway.

Mark Bishop
--
sealfin Wrote:Apologies for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I've just released a new version of loopTHEloop, and I'm wondering if anybody can (again) test it on 10.4? Link is as above, but I'll repeat it here anyway.
Still works. Smile
Thanks Wink

Pity I still can't work out why one game works correctly, and the other is, which uses identical APIs/frameworks, and lots of similar coding methodologies (although there's no actual shared code), doesn't Wacko

Mark Bishop
--

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  fmod on tiger (10.4.11) AcidZombie24 2 2,645 Sep 10, 2008 01:05 PM
Last Post: AcidZombie24
  Installing SDL on tiger AcidZombie24 6 3,543 Jul 17, 2008 11:54 AM
Last Post: szymczyk
  Corrupted FBO, can people download my app and tell me if it breaks for you? TomorrowPlusX 22 7,400 Aug 3, 2006 03:46 PM
Last Post: Duane
  cocoa release breaks drawarrays kelvin 4 3,252 Feb 26, 2003 01:44 AM
Last Post: kelvin