Codewarrior and Tiger

Anyone else had your linker fail after installing Tiger?

Something about MachODylibs.c being unable to read Line 656 or some such crap. I e-mailed Metrowerks, no response yet.

Searching on google I found something about the 10.2.7 SDK and switching my OSX Volume to that SDK. But I don't feel like I should have to set my compiler back two operating system just for it to work, and I'm sure that'd probably create problems on it's own as well.

Anybody else have a fix for this?
(Not using Codewarrior isn't one of them, I like it too much)
Quote this message in a reply
Metrowerks is putting out a 9.5 update soon to address Tiger compatibility.

I suspect you're stuck until then.

Wade
I'd imagine I'd still be stuck because I have version 8.
Don't know if this'll help, but in CodeWarrior 8, you can tell it to use the Apple linker instead of the Metrowerks one. Go to Target Settings in the target's preferences and set the linker to Apple Mach-O PowerPC to do this (the 'Mac OS X' one is the MW version). That said, I've always had difficulty making projects which work with the Metrowerks linker work with the Apple one and vice versa.

If that doesn't work, it looks like you're out of luck. That's the problem with CodeWarrior, unfortunately... it seems to go critically out of sync with the system with every major update and it takes a while before it gets fixed.

You might want to raise the issue in the Metrowerks forum, too.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Yeah, definetly SOL on this one. Got an e-mail from Metrowerks saying Codewarrior 8 is not supported on 10.4. Guess it's XCode for me, which sucks because I was definetly used to Codewarrior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Re-installing CodeWarrior 9 Ingemar 4 3,008 Sep 6, 2005 12:38 PM
Last Post: Ingemar