New NSAnimation: good for games?

So, looking at the new stuff in Cocoa, I came across NSAnimation.
Anybody have any early experience with this? I'm wondering if it's good for games and such. I dunno, I'll just have to mess with it when I have time I guess.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
Quote this message in a reply
It really depends on what you are trying to do, NSAnimation is very limited and I wouldnt personally try to use it for anything complex.

If you are trying to make more complex things i would recommend OpenGL but everyone has a preference and there are many many ways to get graphics on screen. I guess its all personal preference in the end.

Maybe if you gave us some details about what kind of game you were thinking about we can recommend something for you, but once again it would be personal preference.

EDIT: Lol, i didnt see who posted this question i thought it was someone new to our forum. I guess you know all this already. =p

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Rasp

**ANYWAYS**...
Looking through the first page tells me NSAnimation doesn't actually handle graphics at all. It's purpose seems to be timing and stepping. Which is one of the things I'm currently in need of. Though at this rate it looks as though Q2DE will out pace me. *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to build a lot more 3D stuff to make CB useful...

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
hmm, that would be useful...
I was thinking .gifs of something Rasp

It's not magic, it's Ruby.