OneSadCookie name guessing contest!

In celebration for our love for Keith Bauer (AKA OneSadCookie) I am offering up a new contest to put your best guess towards where you think his famous nickname comes from.

The contest ends two days from the time this post is created and the winner will be selected by Mr. Bauer himself. The goal of this contest is to either come up with the most credible idea or the most interesting, again, Keith will decide upon who is the overall winner with their entry. Each individual can enter as many times as they like.

We've all pondered at one point what it might mean, but now you have the chance to be a part of history in the making!

With those rules in mind, good luck!
Quote this message in a reply
Back in the mid-90s when Bauer was an unemployed professional wreslter he found a new opportunity as a birthday clown. One of his acts involved juggling cookies. Over time it just became his signature move, and eventually he was known as the cookie-monster.

On a cold Saturday night at Ms. Kaiti's 13th birthday party Keith appeared slightly off. The previous night he had broken up with his Asian girlfriend and gone drinking till the early morning. With little sleep and a serious hangover Keith ruined the young girls birthday party. All chaos broke loose as he started jamming the cookies down his pants in a disorientated state, the child's mother lashed out at Keith and kicked him off the job site. The next day Keith was again without work.

After finding time to reexplore himself he discovered a quaint group of game developers, often young individuals, interested in purusing their passion of entertainment. Keith, in honor of the kids he'll never forget decided to call himself 'onesadcookie'.
"Oh, jeez, looks like I'll need a screenname/handle for this Interweb thing. Okay, how 'bout OneSadCookie."

The End??
Quote:Past or present, computing or networking, OSC is an innovator and leader for tomorrow's technology-based world. OSC's research and development initiatives also [...]

http://www.osc.edu/aboutOSC/

OneSadCookie is just an alias... Rasp
HAHA, he's the Ohio Supercomputer Center. He's an AI program they wrote, thats why he's so genius!

Alex
I bet his mom use to call him it, ok well its all i got.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
He and his girlfriend were eating store-bought cookies and one of them wasn't made right- it was very small or crushed at the bottom of the bag or something. They both looked at it and one of them said, "wow, that's one sad cookie". This later became a catch-phrase between them when his girlfriend said to Keith (after he got caught in the rain, or came home very tired from work, or whatever) "wow, you're one sad cookie."

Keith then adopted it as his screenname, pleased at the in-joke and that everyone would drive themselves nuts trying to figure out what it meant. Until someone named Matt came along and guessed the whole story. This bugged Keith no end but it was too late- to change his screenname now would be to admit that the mysteriousness of the nickname had been what was important. So he was stuck with it forever. The End.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Its obviously an anagram for:

COKE, AI, NODOSE

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the name is for, and why it exists, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Right, on with the guessing. Nah, Lord of the Rings is on...
snakey Wrote:There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the name is for, and why it exists, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Right, on with the guessing. Nah, Lord of the Rings is on...
There's also a theory that states that if anyone discovers what the name is for, Keith's power disappears. And if that happens, I will blame Derek.
Josh Wrote:There's also a theory that states that if anyone discovers what the name is for, Keith's power disappears. And if that happens, I will blame Derek.

...and I'll blame Josh.
Have you guys read H2G2?
[WARNING: SPOILER ALERT]

snakey Wrote:Hqve you guys read H2G2?

Nope, but I have read bits & phrases like the one you quoted, and it makes me wonder if Douglas Adams had read Asimov's short story "Jokester" (1956)...

Of course, he did read "The Last Question" LOL

Edit: @snakey's post (below): *SPOILER* "if anyone discovers exactly what the name is for, and why it exists, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable" is what they discover at the end of "Jokester" Ninja
where is the spoiler?
Guess 1:
Is it referring to gingerbread men? (I assume you know what I mean :-)).

I imagine something like:

He was young and got given one. He change the smile to be a sad face. And someone said something like: Aww. It's a sad cookie.

Guess 2:
I've seen OneSadBiscuit used by him also. I was thinking that maybe he was dipping biscuits in a hot drink and eating them (weirdo thing that us brits do, possible NZers as well). The biscuit drooped a bit (as though it was sad). And someone said something like: Man, thats one sad cookie.

Guess 3:
People have often "Given people cookies" in IRC channels etc. I was thinking maybe keith said he wasn't happy and someone "Gave him a sad cookie"

Guess 4:
I've heard people say things like: You're one sad cookie if you can't figure out how to... or something along those lines. Maybe someone said that to keith and he adopted the name :-).

Note, All of these guesses are supposed to be "Or something like that" guesses. :-)

I think that 3 and 4 are most likely, 2 is silly and 1 is just a wild guess :-)