What to do with vector graphics?

All of my graphics in my next game are vectors. What cool things can be done with all-vector graphics? I was thinking along the lines of splitting apart, wobbling, forming out of space, etc.

This is for Gworp (see WiP thread). As you can see, I'm trying to garner as many ideas as possible, because the game that I have planned out will be relatively easy to code. I just want to make it have the "cool" factor.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Quote this message in a reply
diordna Wrote:All of my graphics in my next game are vectors. What cool things can be done with all-vector graphics? I was thinking along the lines of splitting apart, wobbling, forming out of space, etc.

This is for Gworp (see WiP thread). As you can see, I'm trying to garner as many ideas as possible, because the game that I have planned out will be relatively easy to code. I just want to make it have the "cool" factor.

You never played Battle-Girl did you?

Edit: Aaron Sullivan's Space Barrage struck me as also having some cool vector graphic effects. Take a look at some of the entries for the Vectorized contest (do we still have a list of those around?).

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Oldtimer
One thing that looks really cool done right is taking all the line segments and making them 5-10 pixels too long. Gives very "rough" corners. Can be used for a sort of "shock" effect if the player gets hurt or whatever.
Sage
This is vector graphics.

There's a lot you can do. Depends how far you want to go.
Aw, you know what I mean arekksu Smile Weren't you the one that everyone was yelling at during Vectorized? Grin *moves tongue back from cheek*

Anyways, I want everything to be composed of straight lines, except for possibly a couple of beziers, if I ever feel like writing them in.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car relative vector to world relative vector Cookie 15 7,246 Oct 6, 2002 10:16 AM
Last Post: ededed