Post your pics

Puzzler183
Unregistered

One thing I've noticed is lacking at these forums is a post your pictures thread... So I decided to start one. Post screenies of your latest work/models/whatever.

From my latest shaders:

[Image: copper.png]
[Image: cartoon.png]
Quote this message in a reply
Good Idea Smile Always fun to look at pictures.

Here is a little fiddling around in a beta test of Unity. Get your wallets ready, this tool is incredible and getting better and better!

[Image: gazoopio.01.jpg]

-Jon
My final project for my AI class:

[Image: simrobot.jpg]
3 months old but i am to lazy to get an updated one

[Image: newgamefar.jpg]
[Image: byr.jpg]

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Taken a few hours ago:

[Image: ladybugdreams.jpg]

Strangely it's familiar to you, as if from an old dream...
Oldtimer
@Bachus: MAN that looks good. I'm happy to see you've kept it up!
All of these look like they would be good games/sims Smile

Last login: Sat Aug 6 09:15:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Matt-Chelens-Computer:~ matthew$
Puzzler183
Unregistered

@Bachus: !

@reubert: Firefox didn't want to display your jpeg for some reason...
reubert:
is this a new project you're working on? when will it be available? could I beta test it? Smile

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
funkboy Wrote:reubert:
is this a new project you're working on? when will it be available? could I beta test it? Smile
yep, It's still quite a way off yet, like at least 6 months until beta testing, probably more. But I'll be posting here for volunteers when it's ready.
David

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
All the previous screenshots here kick my ass - so kudos to all you 3D badass modeller/programmer/designers out there. I salute you! Anyway...

While no life has been found on the surface of Mars - aliens do live underneath in a series of very unlikely designed Martian caves! You need to pilot a series of romote-controlled rovers to search them out and gather data on them to send back to scientists on earth.

Your rover is really two wheels and a sensor dish (which rotates - but you cant tell that from these screenshots) which are connected in a triangle by springs (the squiggly white lines)

[Image: zoomin.jpg]

It is a 2D, platformish, phyics based game. The collision only works between moving-circles (wheels, dish, aliens) and static-polygons (the cave floor). I have a high enough poly count that I can approximate curves pretty well. And the physics has springs, gravity, friction, and torque.

You will have to maneuver your rover so that the sensor dish comes into contact with each of the aliens that are strategically placed in the level. Right now the aliens are just giant eyeballs (whose gaze follows you) since someone who saw some of the levels thought it looked "daliesque" - so I added the eyes - but I need to replace them with some aliens. You need to avoid getting flipped over or letting your dish take damage by knocking into anything. Some of the levels require cool flips or scanning an alien mid-jump and landing back on your wheels.

Ive put a lot of time into the physics/collision, but alas Im thinking I should just switch to ODE or Newton or Torque2D and get a more robust physics engine that includes rbd among other features that I wont be able to program in myself. It would be cool for instance to have to knock down rocks that you can then use as a bridge to get somewhere else. Level-design-wise there are many more things you design with a better physics engine.

I already have levels that have ice (less traction) and lava (melts your wheels) and such. And different rovers have different abilities - the ability to jump - or grip the ground so you can climb up walls and such.

Dont know if Ill ever finish this - I havent worked on it in a while.

Here is another shot of the same level with the 'camera' zoomed out.

[Image: zoomout.jpg]
Oldtimer
@codemattic: this looks a lot like elastomania, but with more twists. Can't wait for you to finish it. I had an unhealthy, almost medical addiction to good ol' elasto.
Oldtimer
Well, I suppose I could share another screenie from El Ballo. We're in the last iteration of testing right now, so it should be out before the summer, finally. This screenie is from one of the last levels in the game,, 7-2 to be exact. Not that it matters. Wink The JPG compression killed this image quite a bit, it looks far too gray and pale. Ohwell.

[Image: elballo.jpg]
Puzzler183
Unregistered

Some of these screenies really make me wish I had some artistic ability...

@Fenris: Even with the JPEG compression, it still looks really good