Post your pics

reubert Wrote:yep, It's still quite a way off yet, like at least 6 months until beta testing, probably more. But I'll be posting here for volunteers when it's ready.
David
Could I maybe test too?

puzzler183 Wrote:Some of these screenies really make me wish I had some artistic ability...
Same here, I suck at graphics, I'm looking to hire a 3D artist...my web programmer does 2D

Last login: Sat Aug 6 09:15:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Matt-Chelens-Computer:~ matthew$
Quote this message in a reply
Fenris: Looks great! You should check out the font spacing on the score and the direction indication, though - it looks a bit squished...
Aarku: You paid for Unity? I'm dying to be able to use that.
Fenris: Nice look to it.
PowerMacX: You're taking an AI class? When you're done can I maybe look over the source? I've been having problems with learning AI.
Bachus: Great use of an arena.

Smile -Matt

Welcome to Darwin!
@Blorx2: I'm just a couple final's away from getting my degree in what in the USA would be "CS". I'll release the code in about a month, I'm still working on it. Also, I intend to make a distributed/networked version, so the genetic algoritm used to evolve the little bugs can run in parallel. I'll release that code too. In the mean time, take a look at the "SuperWalker" demo in breve. I use a (sort of) real GA, not the method used in that demo, but the basic idea came from there.

@Everyone: Wow! Please post betas in the "Work in Progress" section Grin !
Puzzler183
Unregistered

@Blorx2: If you are having trouble with AI, you might want to also check out http://www.generation5.org/, they are a really nice resource

I should probably be unlazy and post tests of my engine too...
@PowerMacX: Ok, though if I get the source, the first thing I would do is port it to English...
Also, does breve use Cocoa? and can you create stand-alones with it? Last one, does breve draw it's own graphics or were they already there?
@Puzzler183: Ok, I'll try that

Welcome to Darwin!
Sage
Blorx2 Wrote:Also, does breve use Cocoa? and can you create stand-alones with it? Last one, does breve draw it's own graphics or were they already there?

I think that Breve is intended as more of a scriptable simulation environment than a programming environment.
Skorche Wrote:I think that Breve is intended as more of a scriptable simulation environment than a programming environment.
Ok, well, thanks for the help! I'm gonna fiddle with it for a while, looks like it uses Cocoa...

Welcome to Darwin!
Oldtimer
Btw, Puzzler183 - care to talk a bit about those shaders? They look really, really sweet. What extensions are you using?
Puzzler183
Unregistered

Ok, well the shaders there are both written in Cg and being viewed in NVidia's FX Composer since I'm still working on shaders in my engine.

The copper is rendered with phong shading and a specularity map (per pixel specular exponent), making the highlight not a circle. The specular matierla is also copper colored making the edge of the highlight look better. I was lazy so I used vs_3_0 and ps_3_0 but I could probably get by with lower versions.

The cartoon one was made by doing something to the effect of:
Code:
return floor(outColor * 8) / 8;
Which limits the number of colors that Actually come out, making things more cartoony. It required vs_1_1 and ps_2_0 (for the floor function).

Another one is [Image: bumpy.png] which is just bump mapping. And the final one, and probably most interesting was my attempt at just black and white, no grayscale by putting black pixels in darker areas. The darker the area, the greater the probability of a black pixel: [Image: halftone.png]. The right and left one use different variations on the same smooth noise function. On both of those, I was just testing things so I was lazy again and did them both 3_0.
Tasnu Arakun
Unregistered

lots of breathtaking screenshots in this thread!

here's a little something from a sprite based game in opengl that i'm working on. since i don't have much spare time right now i thought i'd make something simple. still i haven't touched it in a few months time now. then again, it's not my only project...
http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat02huf/crystal.png
You're remaking Crystal Quest?!! YAY!!!!

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Sage
Here's some shots of my game, Legion, which I've had *much* help in developing thanks to this forum.

[Image: Legion-2005-05-02-00.jpeg]
[Image: Legion-2005-05-02-05.jpeg]
[Image: Legion-2005-05-02-07.jpeg]
[Image: Legion-2005-05-02-08.jpeg]
[Image: Legion-2005-05-02-11.jpeg]

I'm taking time off the game engine now while I work out the AI for the enemies.

And, to PowermacX, I've also made a robotics sim:
[Image: PANSISim.png]
And a video: http://home.earthlink.net/~zakariya/files/Clumsy_2.mov
@Tasnu Arakun: Nice...I didn't think anyone would do that...
@TommorrowPlusX: How long do we wait for Legion? What language are Leigion and the robot sim coded in? I like the way Legion looks. Grin

Welcome to Darwin!