Post your pics

That may actually change in the future, e.g. as you go up in difficulty. I've got a number of ideas for things to do to make it harder / more interesting for the player. Smile Not in this first build though, just trying to get one out there to see if people like the basic game play idea.

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Quote this message in a reply
[Image: Picture%2013.jpg]
aarku Wrote:Burnination

A Trogdor reference, Homestar?

Visit http://www.theDailyGrind.net for your recommended daily intake of embittered satire.
Now I remember that. That was quite a funny show...Off topic, well, looks great, aarku! Also, Bachus, when do you plan to release a demo/beta thing of your game? I think that most of the games here look great! Most of them look pretty much done from my point of view. (unless they need ai or more levels...)

Last login: Sat Aug 6 09:15:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Matt-Chelens-Computer:~ matthew$
Sage
CarbonX Wrote:@TomorrowPlusX: Legion is looking primo so far... earlier you said you were getting ready to post a build in the "work in progress" section, when can we expect this (approximation Wink) I would be really interested to play it Grin

As soon as I've got this tackled.

Right now the game doesn't do shadows on ATI cards...

That said, I took it to an apple store (Arlington, VA ) and ran it on a dual 2.5 with a 6800, and Oh. My. God. Full modulative shadows for *all* scene objects ( the colony, hundreds of trees and hundreds of boulders ) and it ran solidly at 60fps. I felt weak in the knees.
Sage
Here's a picture of my first human model that's ever made it to completion. There's the low res version in back, a low res version with adjusted normals in the middle, and an actual smoothed version in front. The middle one is the one I'm going to use because it has the same poly count as the back one but looks nice and smooth.

[Image: character.png]
@Nick: Nice, you're doing pretty good.
@TommorrowPlusX: Yeah, that could be a problem. (btw, is there any way at all to contact you?)

Last login: Sat Aug 6 09:15:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Matt-Chelens-Computer:~ matthew$
Sage
Blorx2 Wrote:@Nick: Nice, you're doing pretty good.
@TommorrowPlusX: Yeah, that could be a problem. (btw, is there any way at all to contact you?)

Yeah -- email me: shamyl at zakariya dot net. I'm better to get to via email, since I don't have an internet connection at home ( intentionally -- besides, free wireless is SO common in washington dc... I'm posting this from a coffee shop near an unsecured office access point near the capital right now Wink .

I'm busting ass to learn shader programming so I can figure out WTF is going wrong with my shadow-casting.

That said, I've also done some nice optimizations. I figured out how to manage shadow volumes in my scene-graph ( it's fragile, dependant on having an infinite ground-plane, but my game does so it's ok ), and I've done some bug hunting, solving a handful of subtle crashers I had.

It's coming along.
Let's get new pictures up here; I'll start.

I'm currently adding lifetime stat tracking to my tennis game; it will keep track of all the stats for a particular player in a real simple way. It doesn't even require the user to "Create new account" or anything; it just takes whatever name is entered in the "Name" field and automatically associates the stats with it for the future.

I think it's a nonintrusive way to keep track of how players are doing, and a way to get them interested in their statistics immediately (since it will always show on game launch or after a match is completed).

[Image: newtennisstats.jpg]

Is the "games" mentioned confusing? When I use the term "game," I use it as it is used in tennis; matches consist of sets, which sets consists of games. It's a little confusing to people not familiar with tennis, so I wonder how I can make it more palatable to the casual gamer/sports fan.

I would really like to improve the overall layout of my tennis UI, though - make it more fun. Jammin' Racer was a big inspiration to me, but I don't really know where I'd start to improve my own game's user interface. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to mock something up and post it on here or send it to me Smile

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.