Texture File Formats

nabobnick
Unregistered

I'm reverse engineering a game file format and have a question about one of the things I have found that I'm having trouble finding information on since I don't know what to call it or what it might encode.

In the file there are blocks of data I've decided to call Materials, these contain one of two types of data:

int material_id
int material_type/flags
int texture_id
int palette_id
float a
float b
float c

OR

int material_id
int material_type/flags
int rgb_color
float a
float b
float c

The question I have is the float values a, b, and c. I would say a good number of the records have 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 as values for a, b, and c with different types having differing values.

My only lead so far is that these might be related to lighting although most lighting I have found in OpenGL requires 4 floats. Also this would always be a blue light in most cases which doesn't sound right to me.

Any idea on what this might encode? I don't even need details just guesses of what it might be so I can research and decide/confirm for myself.

Thanks for any ideas you can provide.
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
The only idea I can give you is to look through the wotsit.org archives. If you can't find the format there, then perhaps you can pickup ideas by looking at the other formats...
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  File formats qwsed 10 8,694 Dec 18, 2010 10:49 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Texture Mapping: Loading a texture from a .bmp file? ishrock 5 6,238 Dec 13, 2008 09:27 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  internal formats. What are they good for? WhatMeWorry 2 3,616 Jan 9, 2007 11:58 PM
Last Post: arekkusu
  Tex Internal Formats - Clarification Jones 2 3,065 Nov 17, 2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Jones
  3D Model Formats Joseph Duchesne 3 3,361 Feb 27, 2006 01:30 PM
Last Post: akb825