How to make Maps in opengl?

Hello,

Im trying to make a map or like a level for my game in opengl. Do you guys use just regular glVertex3d and stuff liek that or do you use somekind of Mapping Program?

PLease let me know, how you guys make Maps.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
Different games usually all use their own in house level editors... minus Oni I guess..

anywho... you're gonna have to create an editor for your game, using all the same types of calls you from OGL you used in your game...

there is no "map program" you can download that will make a level that will magically work with your game if thats what your thinking.

Editors can sometimes be just as much fun as creating the actual game.

/* Drunk...... fix later.... */
Ok thats cool, but i also saw Terragen which has a Plugin to make teh terragen file into a OBJ file, and I have a OBJ loader, so i thought i could load the terragen file which will be a OBJ file into my program and load it.

WHat you guys think?

thanks
Luminary
go for it.
alrighty cool, ill see if that makes the game slower or not,

thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gouraud vs Normal maps for dinamic terrains sohta 6 4,008 Oct 11, 2006 12:55 AM
Last Post: sohta
  normal maps, DUDV maps, GLSL & too few texture units TomorrowPlusX 32 13,914 Jun 21, 2006 10:31 PM
Last Post: akb825
  Using OpenGL to make windows, tiles, etc. LongJumper 6 3,266 Oct 7, 2003 09:41 AM
Last Post: inio
  Static Shadowing with shadow maps NYGhost 1 3,713 Jun 28, 2003 06:21 PM
Last Post: Feanor