Poser 6 - how far you've come

Founder
Just finished looking at the features of Poser 6. Amazing how far this app has come. Maybe even more amazing it was able to survive the MetaTools/Creations implosion.

Look at this...
[Image: 3702-650x1500.jpg]

I think it is amazing work. Sure you can model a face/figure in a standard 3d app, but the time savings is great in Poser I feel. Their rendering engine seems to be getting better and better, though the cartoon renderer still doesn't make me think Japan-anime Inc. is in any danger.

By the way... I noticed that Shade 3D, Japan's top 3D app (market share) is now being sold in English in online US shops. Lots of great character modeling done with Shade 3D.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Wow, the hair system looks to be much improved. That was always one of my biggest worries - getting realistic looking hair, since that can really say a lot about a person. The eyes, too.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Yea i used Poser 4 for some stuff back in the day, but this looks much improved. Poser has always been rather simple to use and straightforward which is why im such a fan of it. Plus the walk creator (if that i what its called, its been a while) is a life saver. Now i wish i had some use for poser models in one of my games =p.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Many moons ago...I was attempting to create a Secret of Mana type game and created many of the animation movements in Poser 2 or 3. I was able to also set the 8 key camera angles to get the proper perspective for me to refer to when drawing all the animations. The above picture is very impressive and truly shows how far the program has gone.

Does the program have manipulation tools for faces? Also, when animating, can you control eye blinking, mouth movements, finger curling, and other facial poses to morph to?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Gatti, I have only used Poser 4(and the first one abit), but you can control things like facial animation and so on. And I think that has only been improved since.

"Gameplay Uber Alles. And if you can make it psychedelic too, great!" - Jeff Minter
That looks sweet. My only complaint would be the hair. It really looks way better now (I used poser 4 for some time), but it looks way too transparent (look at the right shoulder)

Anyway, it may be a very handful tool.
Mary-Kate really needs to eat more.

As for the hair, that's what you get with volumetric hair. Though, I'm curious to know if the hair has a good physics engine behind it. I remember Poser's IK being pretty good (not great, but good); it'd be nice to see good mocap on the hair.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
Do you guys have a link to the Poser 6 page? I'm curious now... I do have a project that could use some simple character models Smile

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Here ya go, Google is great isnt it?
http://www.curiouslabs.com/go/poser6

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
I tried Google and didn't really find much... "Poser" is not exactly a unique word Rasp

Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
You should have tried: Poser 3D - The Poser site shows up in second place with that search Wink