Optimizing for OpenGL on OS X

http://developer.apple.com/graphicsimagi...gdata.html

Nice article from Apple on the topic. Haven't had a chance to read it all, but I thought you all would like to gander at it.
Any comments from the more knowledgeable OpenGL people here?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
Quote this message in a reply
Nothing too break through, pretty common sense kind of stuff. But good tips nonetheless. Most the stuff dosnt apply for just macintosh though, so if you were wondering how to speed things up on other platforms its worth a look too.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Sage
I think it is a very good overview. And it points out an additional display list tip which I hadn't seen documented before.

I would probably add that it is worth experimenting with the batch size when using VAR etc. You want it big, but really big isn't always better.

There are also some additional hardware-dependent parameters that can make a difference. For example using GL_QUADS on a Radeon 7500 is always going to be slow. Or using 4ub colors on Radeon 7500 through 9200 requires ATI_array_rev_comps_in_4_bytes for good performance...
Puzzler183
Unregistered

A good general overview with things that are important on PC platforms as well. Although a lot of it was common sense (such as asynch stuff on the GPU and CPU), things like using float's may not be so obvious if you haven't used it a lot.

*thumbs up*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Optimizing CGLFlushDrawable Nick 3 3,905 Nov 27, 2006 06:48 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Optimizing rendering. jorgemonti 15 5,890 Apr 6, 2005 04:05 AM
Last Post: jorgemonti
  Optimizing Terrain Drawing? Blake 10 4,502 Jan 25, 2004 03:44 PM
Last Post: Blake
  optimizing dynamic geometry arekkusu 15 7,217 Nov 27, 2003 12:29 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie