Tutorial

is there a simple tutorial one could point me two in learning out to create a carbon window and full-screen using AGL? so far I've tracked down kBerg's full-screen implementation, and I am currently tracking down Keith's. I dumped NSGL out the window because of horrible fps (80) when nothing was being drawn... Mad I'm hoping using Carbon will be better...

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
http://onesadcookie.com/book.html

You're doing something very wrong (or syncing to the vertical refresh) if you're only getting 80fps drawing nothing, though. When I wrote smiley tag on a G3/600 with Rage 128, I was getting 800fps drawing nothing with NSGL.
??? wow... could I see that code?

I love cocoa... I don't mind C that much, it's just that I've grown so very close to Cocoa... the ease of use... Cry

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Puzzler183
Unregistered

I always use SDL for windowing and input and I've never had a problem. It even works on Linux and Windows Grin. Not to mention the extra libraries like SDL_image and SDL_net...
Luminary
Well, the finished smiley tag code is here: http://onesadcookie.com/svn/repos/SmileyTag/
kberg
Unregistered

Nayr Wrote:is there a simple tutorial one could point me two in learning out to create a carbon window and full-screen using AGL? so far I've tracked down kBerg's full-screen implementation, and I am currently tracking down Keith's. I dumped NSGL out the window because of horrible fps (80) when nothing was being drawn... Mad I'm hoping using Carbon will be better...

I really need to update that code. I don't have time at the moment to put together a clean windowed to fullscreen AGL wrapper with fades, shared buffers, etc; but I can pass you pieces of code if you want...
Luminary
the "clean windowed to fullscreen AGL wrapper with fades, shared buffers, etc" is in my "book", linked above...
kberg
Unregistered

Hah! and so it is!

The whole chapter on setting up GL windows looks very good. Do you have a list of topics set out that you are planning to address?
Luminary
in the HTML version, the comment at the top shows the proposed TOC. However, I haven't updated the thing in months, so take it with a large grain of salt... perhaps a salt mine would be appropriate