Little Apple robot

Founder
I was looking on the QT7 page and spotted this image:
[Image: qt_tailored20041223.jpg]
I really like that little robot. I'm planning to commission someone to model our robot from uDevGames into 3D (anyone want to do it for free?) Anyways, I've been thinking for a long time that I would love to have a little character for iDG. Something to complement uDG's robot. This little guy on Apple's site is pretty cool IMHO. Not that I want to copy him, but I would like to be inspired by it. (ie. the ONE eye robot)

Anyone have time to work on a 2D and 3D bot for iDG? As I said, it should complement our uDG bot:

[Image: rw.gif]

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
jamie
Unregistered

Carlos,

I'd be happy to model a 3d robot for you/the site. Are you thinking it would be a 3d rendition of the "command-r" or something new and different?

jamie
My friend does some modeling and he's pretty good. I could ask him if you can't do it jamie.

Alex
jamie
Unregistered

It's been a painfully slow day at work so I started this on the job... Shock

[Image: command-r_little.jpg]

A large image can be seen here:

http://www.clay-communications.com/command-r.jpg
Founder
Jamie, looks great.

To answer your question... I'm asking for two things...

(1) model the uDG Robot in 3D, which you seem to be doing.

(2) create a new robot, that is like the uDG Robot, but a bit different for iDG's mascot. Only criteria is that this robot have one eye.

It would be super if you posted screenshot of each milestone in the modeling. Smile
If this works out, I will make it worth your time. Wink

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
jamie
Unregistered

I will certainly post screen shots/samples as I go. I'd love feed back as the model moves along. Smile
It looks nice so far. Perhaps it is squashed a little in the vertical direction? Yours looks more spherical, and the drawing looks a little more daring with a taller head.

-Jon
Nibbie
Hey,

After a crazy couple of months, I've finally made my way back to this site. Just started programming again about a week ago after getting my illustration business up and running (my last time before that was my failed attempt at the uDG contest).

So I haven't posted in quite a while (and have completely forgotten my old user name), but when I came across this thread, I couldn't resist throwing something up here.

[Image: idg_mascot.jpg]

It's quick and dirty, but if it's along the right path, I'd be happy to do up a nicer version with revisions and all Smile

Jamie - Nice work on the model so far - it's pretty cool to see something I made in 3D Cool

Chris
Hey Chris,

It's great to see you back! I really like your sketch, the wings are a great touch. I'm not positive if it is okay to use that firewire logo, but I'll look into it. Looks great, though!

-Jon

edit: Your old account was named Roosterhouse, and was at one time in "Purgatory" due to an invalid email address, and looks like the history of it has been Cleansed.
chrisco Wrote:[Image: idg_mascot.jpg]

He's in Target Disk Mode! Just look at his chest. Rasp
jamie
Unregistered

Chris I really like the floating, one eye robot as well, very nice. Since your back, did you ever have any ideas or sketches on what the uDG robots lower half might look like?
Founder
I think that his "eye" might be better a tad smaller. At the moment, he looks like an underwater diver. Something more like a camera lens perhaps?

Good to see you again!

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
⌘-R in Chief
Why the one eye requirement Carlos?
I think it's because the site is not named eyesDevGames. There is only one "eye" in iDevGames. It's a play on words and makes the robot different from the uDevgames robot, I suppose. Plus, I think Carlos secretly relates to cyclops monsters. Just a theory.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
⌘-R in Chief
I wondered that possibility. The relating to cyclops monsters that is...