Little Apple robot

Well, most of us are one eyed Mac zealots aren't we? Ninja

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
Quote this message in a reply
Founder
Quote:I think it's because the site is not named eyesDevGames. There is only one "eye" in iDevGames. It's a play on words and makes the robot different from the uDevgames robot, I suppose. Plus, I think Carlos secretly relates to cyclops monsters. Just a theory.
Your theory is correct.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Carlos Camacho Wrote:Your theory is correct.

So now we need to make the uDev robot reflect back the user? Since you are the dev and all...
Nibbie
Hey!

Jon - thanks for the warm welcome back! Yeah, Roosterhouse sounds familiar - that was my old website Rasp... oh well, it was too long anyways Smile

The firewire thing was just for fun - it doesn't really say Mac exclusively, or games for that matter. Any ideas on something that would?

Jamie - Glad you like it. I'm hoping to get a chance to make the revisions Carlos was looking for this weekend. Maybe I'll throw together some legs for the uDG bot. I'm thinking thin like the arms, big feet (but not too big) and the knees the same as his elbows, keeping it simple. How's the model coming? (I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished)

Carlos - Good to see you too Smile. I'm liking the idea for a camera lens-like eye thing - I'll give it a try this weekend.

Chris
Founder
BTW Chris, do you do 3D modeling? It might be good to have the same person so the modeing that also does the 2D art.

I've also been thinking that uDG bot should have a U on the chest, while the iDG bot should have an I on his chest. Something styled like Super Man.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Hmm... I like the command/splat symbol, personally. His name is Command-R isn't it? I was thinking maybe the processing symbol used in OSX for the iDevGames bot. You know the spinning lines. Looking at characteristic Apple symbols there is also the new magnifying glass for spotlight that will be in the upper right of every mac running Tiger in the future. It's just abstract enough. I do like the idea of making the symbol Apple specific (like the command symbol.) Just some opinions from the peanut gallery. Grin

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
aaronsullivan Wrote:Hmm... I like the command/splat symbol, personally. His name is Command-R isn't it? I was thinking maybe the processing symbol used in OSX for the iDevGames bot. You know the spinning lines. Looking at characteristic Apple symbols there is also the new magnifying glass for spotlight that will be in the upper right of every mac running Tiger in the future. It's just abstract enough. I do like the idea of making the symbol Apple specific (like the command symbol.) Just some opinions from the peanut gallery. Grin

I still like Target Disk Mode / silly radiation symbol. Of course I used to sit in front of whole labs of that just flashing while I imaged them... many netboot was a savior. Anyways, if he's Command-Robot, then the command symbol would be a bit better I think.
Actually, it's Command-R as in what you press to compile and run your program in several IDE's on the mac. Smile This might have just been a suggestion, though and nothing official. I can't remember.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
Nibbie
Quote:BTW Chris, do you do 3D modeling? It might be good to have the same person so the modeing that also does the 2D art.

I wish. I don't know how many times I wanted to put my head through my monitor in an attempt to learn blender. I can do some basic stuff with it, but best to leave this to the pros Smile

Oh, and I will get an updated sketch here - I've scheduled myself some time for it tomorrow.

Chris
chrisco Wrote:I wish. I don't know how many times I wanted to put my head through my monitor in an attempt to learn blender. I can do some basic stuff with it, but best to leave this to the pros Smile

Ugh, Blender is just impossible. I wouldn't even bother.

I thought I'd never figure out how to do modeling, until I finally sat down and worked through a tutorial for Wings 3D. After I did that, things actually started making sense! It's a great little modeler, and I'd highly recommend trying it. It's not exactly as full-featured as some of the other modeling packages out there (no animation support, texture mapping is a little bit clunky, etc.), but it's fantastic for simple stuff.

- Alex Diener
Whatever happened to the robot-in-construction?

Alex
Jamie, how's it coming?

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Founder
iefa, you want to finish that model/character?

Jamie, can you post the data from your CMD-R, so others can work on it?

Thanks.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
I don't do modeling, I'm a coder. And sadly, lately most of my work has been ASP.NET, so I haven't had much time to play with any of my Mac projects. I don't know anything about modeling except for a couple CAD classes I took many years ago. Sorry!

~ Travis
iefan Wrote:I don't do modeling, I'm a coder.

Me too, but I can do some modeling aswel, 3D modeling that is Smile

So, you could finish the 2D drawing and if Carlos is OK with that, I can turn it in 3D Smile

"When you dream, there are no rules..."