Little Apple robot

Founder
iefan, for you I meant to simply send me/post a hi-rez scan so we could change it to vector format.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
JAS__
Unregistered

I read this post yesterday and had a few ideas during my lunch break.

I love the character for idev. I thought it'd be great if it's pet was a robot dog.

There are also 3 more ideas. The one I think besides the dog that I dig the most is the fourth design which is an "I" that is actually a robot (kinda transforms, but in the simplest way).

I hope you like them and/or find them usefull.

I'd offer to model a robot, but I'm due for an upgrade of animation master which really is the only 3D package that i know and the version I have is OS 9 only.

Also, excuse the image quality. I don't have my scanner hooked up at the moment, so I took a shot of the page with my digital camera.

[Image: robo1.jpg]
[Image: robo2.JPG]
[Image: robodog.jpg]
[Image: robo4.jpg]
Founder
ALL very very nice!

A bit Aibo that dog is though (fear of lawyers)

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Well, while we are on topic here's the latest render of the iDG mascot:

[Image: cmd+r5.jpg]

Once the model is done, I'd like to work on a female version Smile

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Just a couple comments on that model, I know you're still working on it.

The eyeballs seem to me like lenses in a camera in the original drawing. I think they need to be inset more with some depth on the white part (like the casing of a lens) That's a bit subjective.

What is a little more concrete is that the arms and hands on your model are about 4-5 times larger and longer than the arms and hands on the original sketch.

And while I'm nitpicking, his entire eye structure needs to be slightly bigger and his ear antenae slightly smaller. Oh, and since it is such a focus on this guy, the brain should be more than just a texture. A displacement map might do it, but something is needed to give it a "bumpy" silhouette.

It's look really good, though. I like the materials for the body so far. Just the right reflectivity and color.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
I like the sketch posted by Cris, it looks fun and playful.
If you guys don't mind I can work on the 3D model and post back.
the changes you proposed to the sketch could be easily done to whatever I work on now.
OK, here's a little update after the comments I received. A couple of things to note:

- I'm still not too happy with the eyes, so I'll probably redo them.
- Lightning is not final
- Textures are not final, but they are close to final Smile

I'm not too good in proportions but I think this render is much better than the previous once.

[Image: cmd+r6.jpg]

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Looking better!
Okay... arms: smaller shorter. Smile Actually, the body needs to be smaller, too... maybe that's what is making it harder to see. Shoulder to shoulder the body is about 1/3 the width of the head in the original! I bet if you made the whole body and arms 1/3 the size it would look much more like the original drawing.

The eyes need to be a little deeper in color maybe? Maybe a bit more round? Is that what you are seeing?

The brain is looking better, but it seems a bit jagged to me at the moment. If you are using a displacement map it needs to have smoother gradations to get that rounded look.

Keep up the good work!

[This is what I posted before I knew what I was talking about, it can be ignored:
NYGhost: I might be misunderstanding you, but Taxxodium is doing great with the model, right now. I was commenting on how his model could be changed to be more like the original not how the original should be changed to something else.]

NYGhost Wrote:I like the sketch posted by Cris, it looks fun and playful.
If you guys don't mind I can work on the 3D model and post back.
the changes you proposed to the sketch could be easily done to whatever I work on now.

Sure, the more the merrier. Smile

-Jon
NYGhost: Smile Yep, I did misunderstand. Sorry. Like Aarku said, "...the more the merrier." I've been hijacking threads lately without intending to.
<---- bad boy

OK here's a quick preview, the hands need work.
I would like to know a bit more about the lower part of the body.
the sketch is not very specific about that.
Crisco are you there Rasp

[Image: Picture4.png] [Image: Picture5.png] [Image: Picture6.png] [Image: Picture8.png]
I thought there wasn't a lower part of the body, he flew and stuff... I could be wrong.

Alex
That's what I thought as well. there are three little rocket jets drawn and some smoke.

I think everyone has a great start, but I think it'll be a heck of a lot of work to "polish" it all. I sure hope someone takes it all the way, though. Please?

-Jon
JAS__
Unregistered

Holy... I swear I've never seen that Aibo dog before. It's insane how much my sketch looks like it though. Idea=scrapped.
Founder
That 3d model even has a small pot belly like me. Wink

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames