w00t! Another poopy Garageband song!

For the first time ever I actually sat down with my guitar to play around with Garageband instead of being lame and just using all the built in loops. Keep in mind that I suck at guitar, my guitar sucks, I suck at mastering in general, and I spent maybe an hour or two on this at best as it is. That said, here's what I came up with: Stupid Song

Oh, originally I was going to add lyrics, but then I realized I couldn't find my microphone, so I decided to wait, but I posted this incomplete thing anyway.
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Cool. The bass doesn't change keys with the guitar? Also the guitar with the distortion could be making sustained cords rather than munching. The clean guitar in the section before the end is hard to hear under the bass and 2nd guitar though. Who did the drums?
Well, all but the guitar is built-in loops. At first I didn't realize that I could fiddle with the prerecorded bass stuff to make it change keys, then I figured it out as you can tell in the second half of the song. The drums are also built-in loops from Apple.

If I had actually spent some time I think this would have been better. I am considering cleaning it up and adding some of my lyrics, but I think my lyrics would be better used on a song that I actually had some ideas for from the beginning instead of just winging it like in this one. This was mostly an experiment and I was looking for feedback on the technicalities of making things recorded and mixed on a computer sound better, such as volume adjustments or ways to make my guitar not sound like crap. I can't really figure out why it sounds so brittle/weak even though I fiddled with the equalizers, distortion levels, and volume for quite a while.
⌘-R in Chief
Sustain.
burden
Unregistered

geezusfreeek Wrote:I can't really figure out why it sounds so brittle/weak even though I fiddled with the equalizers, distortion levels, and volume for quite a while.

Because electric guitars are meant to derive tone from amplified speakers, in a cabinet? Smile

Find your microphone.
True.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Comments on this song... BinarySpike 9 5,379 Oct 17, 2005 03:54 PM
Last Post: BinarySpike
  I made a song!!! Najdorf 11 5,984 Feb 4, 2005 09:21 PM
Last Post: BinarySpike