Retro Remake Competition

Founder
First I've heard of this competition. Anyways, I was glancing at the rules...

http://www.retroremakes.com/comp2004.php

Interesting idea that they ask for the same splashscreen to be used by all developers -- and that screen has the name of the contest and sponsor's logos. This might be something to explore for uDevGames 2005.

Also, love this rule "Completeness - Half arsed incomplete entries will score much lower ..."

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Carlos Camacho Wrote:Also, love this rule "Completeness - Half arsed incomplete entries will score much lower ..."

I'm not sure that's a rule so much as a warning. Wink

Carlos Camacho Wrote:Interesting idea that they ask for the same splashscreen to be used by all developers -- and that screen has the name of the contest and sponsor's logos. This might be something to explore for uDevGames 2005.

I don't think it's a bad idea - but possibly just have an image with alpha that they have to overlay on the splash screen. For example... (bad ascii art)
Code:
+-----------------------------+
             M y  G a m e

+--------+
   |uDevLogo|
   +--------+
+-----------------------------+

And that way they can have their own splash screen with the name of their program on it. Maybe have a generic one for those who aren't up to making a 'cool' splash screen.

Just throwing ideas out here, I've given a topic, now discuss.
Fruity
Unregistered

That the splash-screen has sponsor logos will prolly seem attractive to sponsors. Maybe the biggest sponsors get to have their logo on the splash-screen or something..
The problem with having a sponsor logo on a game splash screen is that it looks as if the sponsor is endorsing the product. They may not be happy with this for several reasons, such as subject matter or quality.
Founder
Quote:The problem with having a sponsor logo on a game splash screen is that it looks as if the sponsor is endorsing the product. They may not be happy with this for several reasons, such as subject matter or quality.
Yes, something to consider.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chupamobile Competition 2013 for Mobile Dev EloDev 0 866 Dec 16, 2013 10:05 AM
Last Post: EloDev
  js13kGames Competition anthony 0 686 Aug 13, 2013 01:25 AM
Last Post: anthony
  Coders Workshop WATER Competition! cyberseth 13 8,449 May 23, 2005 03:51 AM
Last Post: cyberseth