Game Textures???

Mars_999
Unregistered

Where can I find good quality tileable grass, dirt, rock ect... texture for a top down RTS game? I have looked all over the net and not finding much. Thanks for any help or ideas.
Quote this message in a reply
jamie
Unregistered

Founder
How about our game assets? I made lots of tileable textures.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
The assets are back up?!??!?!?!

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Yeah, check out the Phaeum Tiles that Carlos made. They are excellent. Find a link to the purestatic iDG asset mirror somewhere around in this forum.

-Jon

edit: okay fine, find it here: http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8068
Nibbie
Mars, you can commission textures from me, i'll probably make them for free or so cheap you wont even notice, here are some old textures i made (they tile properly) I can try any kind of texture, grass, dirt, stone, skin, hair, water, etc, so let me know what you might want

[Image: demo3.jpg]

[Image: demo2.jpg]
Mars_999
Unregistered

Carlos Camacho Wrote:How about our game assets? I made lots of tileable textures.

Hmmm I can't find the link to the downloads page? What I am looking for are textures that work well with each other or complement each other I currently can render 8 textures types per pass in my terrain engine and when I put in 8 textures of no similar design its very obvious that they don't work well with each other, and I need textures that are not so enlarged. By this I mean textures that work well for a FPS game not a RTS where your tank shouldn't be the size of a brick or rock pebble... I need textures like RON or C&C Generals... if that helps point me in the right direction? Thanks
Mars_999
Unregistered

whogben Wrote:Mars, you can commission textures from me, i'll probably make them for free or so cheap you wont even notice, here are some old textures i made (they tile properly) I can try any kind of texture, grass, dirt, stone, skin, hair, water, etc, so let me know what you might want

I guess I would be interested if the artwork worked with what I am looking for in my RTS game. See previous post to get an idea... Thanks