Where to obtain SDL_mixer framework?

rzilibowitz
Unregistered

It seems that the SDL website does not distribute an os x package for SDL_mixer containing a .framework. I can't understand why this is since SDL and SDL_image both come in os x packages. Anyone know why this is?

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/

If no os x package is available, does that mean we are supposed to compile our own framework from source?
Quote this message in a reply
The SDL site used to contain both OS X developer and release packages - I don't know when they stopped doing this or why, (search the mailing list archives probably...) but the .zip'd source to SDL_mixer contains a Project Builder (and Xcode?) project for building the framework.

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
rzilibowitz
Unregistered

Thanks, I downloaded the zipped source. Contained a pbprojects folder. Opened it in Xcode however:

There were 4 targets: Framework, Static Library, Standard Package, Devel Package.

My first question is what is the "Framework" target for, if there are also targets called "Standard Package" and "Devel Package"?

But secondly, neither the "Standard Package" nor the "Devel Package" targets successfully built. The build failed right at the end when executing some shell script.

At least the "Framework" target seemed to build ok (with a number of warnings). Anybody else had these problems with building SDL_mixer using Xcode?

The Framework target build seems to contain a "Headers" folder which suggests to me it is the same thing as a "Devel Package". Is this right? But I want the "Standard Package" too. Any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SDl_mixer and image bronxbomber92 3 3,509 Dec 15, 2006 12:27 PM
Last Post: bronxbomber92
  Installing SDL_image & SDL_mixer bronxbomber92 8 5,663 Oct 14, 2006 09:39 PM
Last Post: szymczyk
  Using SDL_mixer to play ogg sound (not music) effects kordova 3 6,361 Sep 1, 2006 12:29 PM
Last Post: kordova
  SDL_mixer exception at Mix_PlayMusic kordova 2 3,425 Sep 1, 2006 04:09 AM
Last Post: kordova
  SDL/SDL_mixer problems with Xcode poffy 1 3,579 Mar 7, 2006 02:45 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie