Link error

NormH
Unregistered

I'm having problems running one of the Mac OS X demos from the NeHe website. The code for reading a Milkshape 3D model was written in 2000, so I had to update a few things.

Now the files compile, but I get this error during link:

Undefined symbols: ___gxx_personality_v0.

Any ideas on what this could be, or where I should look for the problem?

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
no ideas-but welcome to the Forum! you've come to possibly the number one mac-game-dev site there is!

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
You need to post a bit more info: Codewarrior/ProjectBuilder/Xcode? C/C++/Obj-C?
From your error I'm guessing Project Builder/Xcode. Maybe you need to add the C++ library? Post more details otherwise it's just a guessing game Wink
Check and see if any of the build settings are weird... Also, is this ProjectBuilder or Xcode? I'm willing to bet it's PB.
NormH
Unregistered

Let's see... I'm using XCode on OS X 10.3.7. The project started out as a ProjectBuilder file when I downloaded it, but I'm using it in XCode. The code is a mix of Objective-C and C++, and I did find libstdc++.a in the list of files when I selected target in the Groups & Files pane.

Josh, what build settings should I look at? I haven't changed anything myself, so I don't have an obvious starting point.

Thanks for the help!

Norm
Alright... select your current target and hit "Info." Go to the "Expert View," click the line labeled "LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS" and hit delete. Compile, ?, profit. It's looking for an old version of gcc where it obviously isn't, and when it can't find it it freaks out.
NormH
Unregistered

Josh,

That was it. It was looking for version 2.95 of the compiler.

Thanks a bunch!

Norm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Error trying to link an OpenGL app memon 4 3,555 Mar 19, 2007 12:33 PM
Last Post: memon