Image Squence

Durandle
Unregistered

Ok, I am using SDL do make a small basic game - I am loading PNG images to create animations - each PNG has a sequence of images that are displayed one by one. However, at the moment, to create the PNG with all the frames in I have to maually copy and paste each frame one by one, position it in Photoshop and save the whole lot out. This can take a VERY long time when I start getting over 50 frames. Are there any ways/programs that can do this for me - while also maintaining the PNG file format [as they have alpha backgrounds]? Or I can make one my self if there is a way to to save a PNG in C++ using an SDL surface as a source... but I know not how Smile
Quote this message in a reply
can't you use a batch script in photoshop?
Founder
You can also batch file in Graphic Converter.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Durandle
Unregistered

So the batch process can combine 50 existing PNG files into one big PNG file with each image next to the other? Because I can't see that my self...
If you have Photoshop CS (or possibly version 7), this script I wrote may be of some interest to you. It takes the layers of a Photoshop file and arranges them in a grid for use as sprites.

That's not precisely what you're trying to do, of course, but you might be able to modify it to do what you want.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Durandle
Unregistered

Photoshop complains that it can't find the JavaScripting Plugin when I try and use it [or in fact any script]. CS is installed fully and the plugin seems to be there so no idea whats up...
can you revert back to photoshop 7?
Durandle
Unregistered

Not really, using University machines. However I got it working on a PC version of CS... not best choice but hey. I also had to edit the code as the image width was being picked up as 4px when it was 150px - so I just changed it to 150 until I can work it out. But thanks Grin its so much quicker using it than doing it manually Rasp