OpenGL Multitexturing Details w/Alpha

WakingJohn
Unregistered

Again, thanks for all the help. I hope I can repay it one day somehow either to this community or to you =-).

Thanks a million - you made my day... err no - month =-D
Quote this message in a reply
WakingJohn
Unregistered

Seems I spoke too soon -

The base isn't drawing where the details aren't.

Meaning the base is also using the details alpha.

If you need a screen of this i can p rovide one
WakingJohn
Unregistered

Err wait - I'm going to try a forth pass, interpolate of colormap and colormap in respect to alpha
WakingJohn
Unregistered

Code:
                    glActiveTextureARB( GL_TEXTURE2_ARB );//detail - instead of pass through, interpol with tex0 in respect to 1-alpha
                     glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);                
                     BindTexture(details);

/*glTexEnvi (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE);
                      glTexEnvi (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_COMBINE_RGB_EXT, GL_REPLACE);
                      glTexEnvi (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_SOURCE0_RGB_ARB, GL_PREVIOUS);*/

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_COMBINE_RGB_ARB,GL_INTERPOLATE_ARB);
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_SOURCE0_RGB_ARB, GL_PREVIOUS );
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_OPERAND0_RGB_ARB,GL_SRC_COLOR);
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_SOURCE1_RGB_ARB, GL_TEXTURE0  );
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_OPERAND1_RGB_ARB,GL_SRC_COLOR);
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_SOURCE2_RGB_ARB, GL_TEXTURE1);
                     glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_OPERAND2_RGB_ARB,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR);
That should work right? (replacing the old tu2)
WakingJohn
Unregistered

glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_SRC_ALPHA);
makes it visible now, but the details are MUCH too light ( I switched to a GL_MODULATE for the details since its the actualy effect I want, not GL_ADD_SIGNED)
Sage
You don't need to enable blending for multitexturing, unless you intend for the final combined texture to be translucent (usually not, for terrain.)
WakingJohn
Unregistered

Hmm, well see, since I'm using multiple textures, and the DOT3 hack wont work for me, I have to make like 3-4 passes. I can't figure out how to do this otherwise since in my TU1 I need to references the previous and previous only grabs the previous tu
WakingJohn
Unregistered

I ended going up with this as it was "close enough". The tool is for Myth III: The Wolf Age. Here are the results of the multitexturing on one of the standard maps:

Before: Pepper Heights
After: Pepper Heights
After: Pepper Heights Close up
After: Llanc Close Up Road

Its still not quite right (It actually brightens when there is white instead of darkens... hmm...) but I think it will work for its purpose (which is seeing how things look in a rough fashion without switching to the engine every 5 minutes).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL Alpha Channel Problem Moganza 1 3,241 Jan 19, 2013 08:25 AM
Last Post: sealfin
  OpenGL ES 2.0, 2D Alpha Transparency Artifacts Macmenace 3 8,154 Mar 28, 2010 11:18 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Can't get multitexturing to work Coyote 4 4,036 Nov 16, 2009 11:48 PM
Last Post: arekkusu
  Opengl alpha premultiplication issue Najdorf 5 5,510 Nov 13, 2008 09:49 AM
Last Post: Najdorf
  Loading and using textures with alpha in OpenGL with Cocoa corporatenewt 4 6,558 Dec 8, 2007 02:06 PM
Last Post: Malarkey