HID forcefeedback

somone made the forcefeedback work ?
i jsut want to know if its possible add forcefeedback or its just an urban legend LOL

i didnt found any exemple Sneaky
Quote this message in a reply
DoG
I've heard of it, too. I recall having read about it on the mac-games-dev mailing list, you might want to check the archives at http://lists.apple.com/
It's possible - get George Warner at Apple to give you the FF SDK (which is still not publicly available due to legal issues).

Wade
list.apple.com is really intersting about Forcefeedback
i go to buy some supported gamepad to add forcefeedback to my racing game

i hope Apple go to make some nice new thing with HID gamepad and forcefeedback i hope more exemple. Should be nice to see more gamepad.

i go to post something here after making test with these supported gamepad
Not sure exaclty what you mean by gamepad but the typical gamepads don't support force feedback. I don't count the little weight spinning around as force feedback. Those things just make the pad vibrate.

Some wheels and sticks have FF though.

KenD

CodeBlender Software - http://www.codeblender.com
KenD Wrote:Not sure exaclty what you mean by gamepad but the typical gamepads don't support force feedback. I don't count the little weight spinning around as force feedback. Those things just make the pad vibrate.

Some wheels and sticks have FF though.

KenD

yea im thinking about gamepad vibration, im not intersted in steeringwheel forcefeedback (not now)

but for making a gamepad vibvrat we need forcefeedback.framework too
Danlab Wrote:yea im thinking about gamepad vibration, im not intersted in steeringwheel forcefeedback (not now)

but for making a gamepad vibvrat we need forcefeedback.framework too

Not sure. For the Macally iShock II you can use their library. You can ask them for it. That's what I did and they sent it to me. This was quite a long time ago so I don't know what the deal is today. But you can email them and ask.

Maybe the FF framework can be used for these devices too although I kind of doubt it. It really has nothing to do with FF. I'd say check the individual manufacturers sites.

KenD

CodeBlender Software - http://www.codeblender.com
i go to receave my gamepad, on the apple website they say its compatible force feedback
i go to see if its only vibrate or there is a force feedback in the stick too

but asking for each gamepad construcor how to add vibrating its like making drivers :-/
lets wait and see
i receaved today the gamepads:

Macally IShock2:
[Image: ishock2.jpg]

Gravis Xterminator:
[Image: prod_img_1080_lg.jpg]

Xterminator is compatible with the Apple forcefeedback framework, i have already force feedback working in my racing game Smile . It was simple to add, i downloaded the SDK exemple from list.apple. it take me 1 hour to add it and make different effect. but i dont know how the effects are on a steering wheel

Ishock 2 the gamepad work well becoz its HID, the stick i not really well and difficult to calibrate. Thge Forcefeedback (vibrating in this case) work only with the IshockPref app. but its not possible to make it vibrate when collide or somthing.
i contacted Macally and im waiting an answer about how to use this controller
here is a thing i found on Insidemacgames:

Quote:IMG: Can you disclose any upcoming titles that will use the FFB software?
MacAlly: We are in the process of working with many Mac game developers, and all the developers we have approached have been extremely interested in supporting our SDK for FFB. Just to name a few, Freeverse Software, Aspyr, Connectix, and MacSoft.
Quote:IMG: Can you disclose any upcoming titles that will use the FFB software?
MacAlly: We are in the process of working with many Mac game developers, and all the developers we have approached have been extremely interested in supporting our SDK for FFB. Just to name a few, Freeverse Software, Aspyr, Connectix, and MacSoft.
Quote:Aspyr: We attempted to contact MacAlly several times during development [of THPS3] to try and get the information on their API so we can support it, and never received any response from them.
(link to quote) Rolleyes

I like my iShock 2, but I can only get it to rumble by messing with the control panel - which doesn't work so well - I've had to unplug the dang thing to get it to _stop_ rumbling more than once.
Frank C. Wrote:but I can only get it to rumble by messing with the control panel - which doesn't work so well - I've had to unplug the dang thing to get it to _stop_ rumbling more than once.
me too :-)

the interstin thing in the ishock 2 is the stick X axis values
left=11, mid=63, right=84
left to mid = 52 units
mid to right = 21 units !

it turn smooth to the left and choopy to the right, its a real shame LOL

the best gamepad i tried is the "Thrustmaster Dual Power 3", really nice X axis values : left= -127, mid=0, right=127 (ishock2 can cry)
Force feedback could certainly be used to vibrate a game pad if the gamepad supports force feedback.

Wade
i receaved today the ishock API and the prgramming guide
i go to take a look into it and post informations about it

i go to ask Thrusmater too
hahaHAHAAA.. i receaved only the API HTML doc, but nothing to add in my app, no.h, no bundle or somthing héhéhé.. lets try another way