My music

Hey,

I was doubting on doing this but here goes. Here are some of my own compositions. The genre I play is pure electronic music. Also, I was wondering if my music could be used in a game, or something.

Tell me what you think.

Another Motion
Nebula
Twisted Dreams
Walk Away

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Quote this message in a reply
I downloaded them, so I feel I ought to comment. Nebula I could probably see accompanying a game, but the others (especially Twisted Dreams) seem a little too repetitive by nature to add anything to a project.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more constructive, I'm not a musician (although I listen to a lot of electronic music) and (aside from Nebula) I didn't like them much. Blush

-- Giles Williams
Oolite - retro space-sim agogo
Pretty good, but like aegidian said, too repetitive.

I could've sworn I'd heard Nebula before...
Walk Away was my fave out of the four- and in a project I could really see that one being used in a menu/game select type screen.

I personally didn't like the bass line in Another Motion. And in Twisted Dreams the "You are so twisted" clip seems way overused to me.

Sonically it seems the higher parts are missing in the songs. Maybe I'm just a videogame-music junkie but I think a few melodic themes would sound good in each song and fill out the whole wall-of-sound thing. It would make it seem less repetitive too.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Keep in mind that these tracks were not created for any games. If they would, then they would sound different.

Thanks for the comments.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Taxxodium Wrote:Keep in mind that these tracks were not created for any games.

Taxxodium Wrote:Also, I was wondering if my music could be used in a game, or something.

Without melodies the tracks take on an ambient feel, which is good for menu screens, and maybe a chillout-type puzzle game.

IMO the more you move towards an action game, the more you need catchy melodies. And especially if you want to go retro Smile

As stand-alone pieces I dig Nebula and Walk Away. My only other criticism is that the songs take too long to build up. Maybe introduce the instruments faster, or at least just not regularly once every four bars.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian