Is this possible?? Where is it?? THE GAME

Luminary
I have it for the PS2. Great stress relief Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
Stress relief? It is official, you are from another planet! ;-)
Check out GTA San Andreas (released a few weeks back), it's about as close to this as any other game. Oh and if you can't tell, I'm quite the fan Grin

"-Complete Massive persistent physical universe with real citys, laws, rules, standards, ethics and morals. They are yours to shatter. "
Pretty much sums up GTA SA.

"-Compete in breathtaking, "no boundary" environments that showcase seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor environments."
50% of all buildings in SA are enterable.

"-Immerse yourself in massive, breathtaking worlds that are tormented by weather conditions (rain, snow, fog and lightning) and
environmental elements (lava, lightning, meteor showers, etc.).
-Day and night cycles -watch the sun rise!"
Everything except snow.

"-Complete Control Over Battlefield area in your control - Command unique types of troops , including tanks, infantry, air support..."
Recruit gang members and take over enemy turf.

"- Lose your vehicle in the heat of battle, bail out, parachute to safety, and call for someone to pick you up."
Everything except calling someone to pick you up. Hijack a vehicle instead Smile

"-Organized police forces including cops, SWAT Teams, FBI, and the Army work strategically to keep Citys somewhat safe."
Obviously done. Undercover cops too.

"-You can roam all areas as you progress."
Sums up the GTA series.

"-You can cruise the streets like a respectable citizen, or floor it like you're playing Gran Turismo!"
Yep. Mod your car, get a bass boost for your sterio, bodykits, nitrous, etc.

"-Boats - you can steal a police boat with forward-firing guns, or take any boat or catch the subway train."
That is soooo GTA!

"-Mugging people - beat them up and take their money or weapons!"
Of course.

"-Driving through windows."
Yep, and billboards, fences, boxes, hay bails...

"-You can be the good guy and be an ambulance driver and deliver sick people to hospital, in a fire engine you can go around putting out fires"
Yep. Also deliver pizzas, be a taxi driver, pimp, valet driver...

"-When a vehicle explodes, you can push the wheels around - the parts are still interactive."
Yep, and watch out for those falling doors and car panels, they hurt!

"-Multiplayer - Different people can have different roles - builder, defenders, attackers, etc - and communicate with each other quickly and easily through the integrated command interface."
Sadly no!!! But finally there are small multiplayer minigames in GTASA.

"-Feel weapon recoil, explosions, jetpack thrust, and much more."
Yep, you can even get a jetpack too.

"-Explore and pillage space stations..."
Change space station to innocent citizen's house and its about right Grin

"-Gear, incl jetpack, sniper rifle etc"
Yep.

"-Fatigue and Life factor modeling in first person. Running too long and get tired, take too much injury and die if no medic attention etc"
Certainly. Go to the gym to improve your stamina and strength.

"-Grab a craft and fly to another planet, take it over, start mining it and build a city hey why not build an army and take over a universe! or just go and find a nice hill and watch a war under a rising sun just before you start your taxi job! "
The first bit would be awesome, the last bit is possible.. The lens flare is so purrrty!

"oooh, a game that pits you as a cab driver might be fun. You have to drive around town picking up and droppin off people, making the best time possible... You could get "powerups" for your car... Kind of EV meets Sim City..."
Ooh yeah... I jacked a taxi, added some NOS and hyrdraulics. Got the passengers to their destination in record time!

Well worth checking it out.

*back to into hibernation*
Oldtimer
Yeah, but most of his "features" are taken from the copy of other games. Tribes: Vengeance, GTA:SA, BattleCruiser: Millenium, and a few others. Try it, take one of the features he listed and google for it, and you'll find more.

And, as this is still his only post, I'm calling 'spam' on him. Want me to lock this thread, Carlos?
one thing about GTA, are you allowed to be good? EVERYTIME I see someone play it, they play it with no morals. What if I want to be a law abiding citizen, is that possible?
Sage
It is possible to be law abiding, but that wouldn't be fun in the environment GTA sets up. You would just drive around, following the speed limit, and try to not hit anything. Or you could go ride a bike. Not much to do without breaking the law, hitting a few cars, and running from the cops. Or I guess:
cookie Wrote:"-You can be the good guy and be an ambulance driver and deliver sick people to hospital, in a fire engine you can go around putting out fires"
Hog
Cookie Wrote:"-You can be the good guy and be an ambulance driver and deliver sick people to hospital, ...

... after you've just recently ran them over.
c_dev Wrote:... after you've just recently ran them over.

Much more satisfying the other way around. Drive them to the hospital, let them get out, and THEN run them over.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Oldtimer
...which reminds me of Postal 1&2. RWS releases Postal 2, the media go crazy, those who play it say "No, no! It's not the game that is violent, you can play it any way you like! You can be good in it!". Then, RWS does a poll on what should be included in the next patch. The suggestions? People in wheelchairs (that you can push over cliffs) children and more animals.

I've said it before: sometimes, I really, really dislike gamers.
Fenris Wrote:I've said it before: sometimes, I really, really dislike gamers.
Well there is a simple solution to that:
Kill 'em all, and let your software sort them out.
Oldtimer
I'm going to embroider that to my favourite shirt.
skyhawk Wrote:one thing about GTA, are you allowed to be good? EVERYTIME I see someone play it, they play it with no morals. What if I want to be a law abiding citizen, is that possible?
To a certain extent you can be law abiding citizen, for example you can buy property, shop for clothes etc... But if they add any more 'everyday' features than that it's a bit pointless isn't it? I mean, if I could be a law abiding citizen in real life, what's the point in playing the game? For me games are just fantasy... A way of experiencing things that are otherwise impossible or immoral in real life. I guess that's why I never got into The Sims.

Edit: Oh and you can also jump in a police car (which unfortunately would involve stealing Rasp) and then activate the 'Vigilante' side mission where you chase down criminals. But if you want to play law abiding citizen, sure you can cross at the lights, ride the subway train, bet on a horse at the races, compete in a hotring car race, enter the downhill mountainbike competition, get your car washed, go to the bmx park, lift some weights, learn martial arts from a sensei... the list goes on.
I just wanted to echo what Cookie has said. The Game that the OP was describing IS the latest GTA. Best game ever made.

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Fenris Wrote:...which reminds me of Postal 1&2. RWS releases Postal 2, the media go crazy, those who play it say "No, no! It's not the game that is violent, you can play it any way you like! You can be good in it!". Then, RWS does a poll on what should be included in the next patch. The suggestions? People in wheelchairs (that you can push over cliffs) children and more animals.

I've said it before: sometimes, I really, really dislike gamers.
Arrrrghh!! I just typed the HUGEST reply and IE crashed Mad

Anyway, the gist of my argument was don't hate the gamers, hate the developers. They're the ones making these games and implementing these sick 'features'. Isn't it them who are giving the industry a bad reputation? Aren't they the ones attracting all the 'morbid' people into the gaming world?

Either side you take, games like GTA are here to stay. Proof:
Before GTA SA's relese (Reuters)
Quote:Developed by Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. imprint Rockstar Games, "San Andreas" should sell more than 4.5 million units globally in its first week, which could make it one of the top sellers of all time, analysts say.

"This will be one of the few video games to sell more copies than the preceding version," said American Technology Research analyst P.J. McNealy, noting that the game's predecessor "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" sold 12 million copies. "The expectations are 13-15 million for this one," he added.

At about $50 each, first-week sales of 4.5 million units would equal about $225 million. Should it reach 15 million units, sales of "San Andreas" would beat U.S. and Canada box office sales of the film "Titanic" by more than $100 million.

Shortly after release (BBC News UK)
Quote:The title broke the UK sales record for video games in its first weekend of release. Latest figures suggest it has sold more than 677,000 copies.

Edinburgh-based developer, Rockstar, which is behind the GTA titles, has seen San Andreas pull in an estimated £24m in gross revenues over the weekend. In comparison, blockbuster films like Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban took £11.5m in its first three days at the UK box office.

I also reccommend this recent GamesIndustry.biz article about the maturing of the game industry with reference to the huge success of GTA SA.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5349

reubert Wrote:...Best game ever made.
Right on, brother!