Rescaling

I have an object that I load in and is drawn with a display list. The object is more or less a thick circle, and it's use is to rotate around a player to see which one you have selected. It rotates on all three axises(along with another copy of the circle, to make it look spiffy), and is centered on the player. However, when it reaches a certain rotation it is pretty wide and encompasses players in the lanes next to the selected one.

This, of course, sucks and doesn't look good. What I need to do is to be able to "squish" the entire model inwards so that it doesn't fall into the other lanes. I devised a little equation that will figure out how far over the lane it is and the ratio in which it needs to be rescaled, but there is a problem with that.

It rescales the actual model(like it should) instead of, well, without better words, "shrinking it's drawing space". I need to be able to simply change where it draws it's points, but that's a toughy because it's a display list. Any other way around it?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
er, glScalef?
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rescaling vertices? WhatMeWorry 3 2,334 May 19, 2006 12:55 PM
Last Post: WhatMeWorry