Linux Games/Tibia

Nibbie
Hey,
I wanted to play Tibia and a few other games on my mac, I heard that someone could port them? None of us mac users can normally play these games,Mad but if someone could do something about this. Can someone tell me how to or could someone please port Tibia to the mac so us users who want to try it can play? Please help me out! Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
I doubt any coders here would be willing to take on this project at the moment, due to the uDevGames 2004 deadline drawing close, but you never know...

Also, you don't give any links to Tibia; not knowing whether the project is open source, the language the project is coded in, or the APIs the project uses makes it difficult for any coders to decide from your post whether the project is worth the time to perform even a cursory investigatation...

By the way, from a quick search, if this is the game you mean, the source isn't available.

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Nibbie
Why wont it work? Thats the one im talking about...couldn't you find the source or something. I just want to play a free mmorpg on my mac...can someone please tell me some they could port or any for mac? Are you sure Tibia wont work http://www.tibia.com/. Cry all those lucky ppl playing mmorpgs. please help!
Kris, the Tibia MMORPG is *not* open source, thus we can't just download the source and try to port it…

"Gameplay Uber Alles. And if you can make it psychedelic too, great!" - Jeff Minter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tibia Game - Port to Mac whardypace 1 9,363 Sep 20, 2008 09:12 AM
Last Post: francis james
  Unholy method to link Linux library? Cochrane 3 3,104 Jun 30, 2008 06:37 AM
Last Post: OptimisticMonkey
  Linux geek wanting to get into Mac games programming supenguin 8 5,040 Nov 16, 2005 09:49 PM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  porting linux glut code to mac os x zynek 12 6,298 Jan 23, 2005 05:47 PM
Last Post: zynek
  Linux IDE's wadesworld 5 4,826 Jul 20, 2004 08:17 AM
Last Post: Iron Wallaby