3D physics demo

The world is just a little too friction-less for my liking. I seem to be able to go through the ground if I head a left at the start and drive off the big cliff as well.

Other than that, I quite liked it. It's fun to drive Rasp
Quote this message in a reply
igame3d Wrote:HA! that was funny.
First he current controls are a bit odd, to turn the man both W & A or W & D have to be held, this was odd of course.

ahh... that would be why I couldn't do anything... I kept expecting pressing a or d to turn me... and s NOT to sit me down... in mid air

m'k, now that I have gotten in the car... as someone else has mentioned, once you add friction, things will feel better. I had fun careening around, though I think ultimately I wished for some form of air control... or something to make flying off hills more fun.
ooh here we go, because of the w&a and w&s bug thing and no turning in place, I do believe I am now stuck between the door and my car... I can't seem to get in or walk away and retry entry
[time passes]
HAHA! I made that car bounce high!

here's a new one, I landed on my side, and I kept "rolling forward" sideways until I hit a hill

anyways, I'm a little less disappointed, but the non-car controls need work Wink
totally agree, I probably will have to create a library and add all application resources in the application bundle so you wouldn't see folders and stuff.

I'm not a developer either, just trying to be one Rasp
thank you.
I gotta tell you getting that guy's every detail will costs the hair I got left Smile
creating graphics and texturing takes a lot of time, I'll get back to ithe code to correct those problems after i take a little break.
Quote:the guy stands on his head
that's my favorite Smile
thank you all for your feedback.
I'm glad we're all having fun.
I'll post a another demo with better controls, and more stuff added to the "game" later on.
Very nice work! I had lots of fun throwing the car around. Maybe too much fun:

[Image: broken.jpg]

That back wheel got permanently jammed in that position after a nasty crash! Oddly, I found the car much easier to drive like that.... LOL

There were some other problems, such as the car falling through the landscape, or the guy falling through the landscape if the car was on its side when I got out. I think you're also going to need some way of turning cars back over after you crash (like UT2004).

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
!haa... I did that intentionally Rasp

What I have to do is check if the character can actually exit (nothing on the way), and create another animation (character crawling out when the car is wrecked )

I have to fix things falling through the terrain.
I was thinking about defining some sphere or something around objects that should never pass terrain limit.
If you have any suggestions on that one please let me know.
I tried to run it on an iBook 500Mhz... no luck Sad It's painfully slow (frameskipping would be nice!) and when I go into full screen it goes from black to image alternately. Nasty stuff. Smile I'll try it on my G4 when I get home.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
Those texture maps are pretty big 512x512 I don't think it would run fine in anything < 800 mhz.
I have to redo the fullscreen stuff, I was using the quicktime API.
Out of curiousity, what is this S3 engine you're using?
I had a lot of fun skidding around throwing up dust. Love bouncing around - hitting other cars - flipping. I was very frustrated at first until I read that to move the guy you had to also push forward - that doesnt make any sense and you dont mention that in the read me. Camera needs work.

Full screen sucks - it flashes and it resizes my other windows.

really neato! I ran it on my G4/400mhz Rage128.
Is a game engine/editor I've been working on for a while.
I can do skeletal animation, overlays, particles, verlet based physics, import files, some scene management etc.

Is hard to work with it cause I have some bugs and have not implemented "undo".
maybe I'll be able to create a game with it someday Smile.
I think I'll work on the camera to prevent terrain penetration.

codemattic are you in NYC?
codemattic Wrote:I had a lot of fun skidding around throwing up dust. Love bouncing around - hitting other cars - flipping. I was very frustrated at first until I read that to move the guy you had to also push forward - that doesnt make any sense and you dont mention that in the read me. Camera needs work.

Full screen sucks - it flashes and it resizes my other windows.

really neato! I ran it on my G4/400mhz Rage128.

Wow how weird, must be a meme virus, because Matt Diamond was working on an engine/editor called S3 last year as well, and he's in NYC too. Bizarre eh?
You guys don't remember his developer diary?
(sad those are gone, one of the best site features Sad )