lurker finally comes out into the open

dannyngan
Unregistered

Hey there everyone. I've been reading the forums for a few of days now and just thought I'd finally introduce myself to the community.

I am an animator and 3D artist with over 6 years of professional experience in the game industry. I have worked with a variety of clients ranging from larger studios like Sierra Online (R.I.P.) and Buzz Monkey Software all the way to smaller independent studios like BraveTree Productions and 21-6 Productions. I was also a visiting instructor at the University of Oregon where I taught courses in traditional animation, 3D animation, motion graphics design, and interactive media.

My primary focus is character animation, but I am proficient in most areas of 3D art. I do most of my work with Maya (OSX and Windows versions) and 3D Studio Max (Windows-only, of course), but I am always interested in seeing low-cost alternatives for indepedent developers and hobbyists. Cheetah3D and Sculpt are interesting projects that I'd like to see become more fully-developed 3D applications.

Like everyone here, I am a Mac-head. I have spent the majority of my game development time on Windows systems, and, as nice as it is to have the tools available, I would much rather be working on a Mac. In fact, lately, I have been doing as much development on my Mac as possible then transfering the asset over to my PC to do the actual exporting and testing. Not the ideal situation, but it keeps me sane.

Thus far, I have enjoyed reading the articles and forums here. I am pleased to see this community growing and would really like to see more games being developed and released on Macs. I hope that I may be able to contribute something positive to this community.
Quote this message in a reply
Welcome to the community, Danny! Have you considered joining a team and participating in this year's uDevGames competition?
Welcome danny! Hope you have fun here, and maybe you can enter this years uDevGames competition.

Alex

PS. Yes i know you just said that Falcon.
Evol, I just said that exact same thing! Oh, wait. :-)
dannyngan
Unregistered

Don't think I'll have time to contribute to uDevGames. Already got some work keeping me busy, which is always a good thing. Smile
kberg
Unregistered

You have some very impressive work on your website. I'd bet if you weren't already busy you'd be fielding several offers by now! Grin

Glad to have you posting to the forums, I'm sure your feedback will be very valuable over the development of sculpt.. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Color It *finally* available for OS X Leisure Suit Lurie 9 5,855 Jul 23, 2006 05:30 PM
Last Post: Joseph Duchesne