Unity is FREE

AnotherJake Wrote:Interesting. I thought their new policy was pretty fair, looking at it from the outside, but I'm not an owner so I didn't see that viewpoint.

I'm a big fan of FREE in general, but now that I'm no longer a paying customer, I have no right to ask for anything, and I have no right to complain about anything.

Which kind of gives me mixed feelings about the whole thing…

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Quote this message in a reply
Hairball183 Wrote:I'm a big fan of FREE in general, but now that I'm no longer a paying customer, I have no right to ask for anything, and I have no right to complain about anything.

Which kind of gives me mixed feelings about the whole thing…
You still do, they don't discriminate between indie and pro; pro users don't get any extra support. If you want to complain, email them or do it on forum as always. If you need to ask for a feature request then do it on their uservoice website. If you need actual Unity help, do it on the forums or pay for professional support.

I don't see any of that changing :-)
bronxbomber92 Wrote:You still do, they don't discriminate between indie and pro; pro users don't get any extra support. If you want to complain, email them or do it on forum as always. If you need to ask for a feature request then do it on their uservoice website. If you need actual Unity help, do it on the forums or pay for professional support.

I don't see any of that changing :-)

Yeah, I'm hoping that the UT guys will stay awesome.

But since I'm no longer considered a paying customer, I don't have any right to complain about anything. Now that won't stop me(Rasp) and I doubt that the UT guys will become unresponsive, but being a paid customer does have advantages.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Quote:We kicked ourselves for years for going to the Mac first
Heh, sorry Anotherjake, must have missed that one, and skipped to the "So it definitely benefited us" 7 lines laters, damn contraddicting sentences Wink

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
LOL, yeah, those two sentences are pretty much diametrically opposed to one another. You must've thought I was even more nutz than I usually am! Rasp
Hairball183 Wrote:I'm a big fan of FREE in general, but now that I'm no longer a paying customer, I have no right to ask for anything, and I have no right to complain about anything.

I don't think they will have a problem with complaints and requests, after all they have a bug report tool built right in for the 'complaints' department.
I sent two in last night, and my daughter sent another in three minutes later.

Those things help the app improve, in my case maybe someone will notice
that the resources on the site that the tutorials use are for an old version
and need a quick update.
AnotherJake Wrote:iDG often seems like it's just another one of those little niche "demoscene" forums nowadays. Just a few of us nut-jobs hanging around, talking about NES compression schemes.
I think I kind of prefer it that way Rasp

This is pretty sweet....I'll definitely have to check out Unity now Smile

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
wyrmmage Wrote:I think I kind of prefer it that way Rasp

Yeah, me too. Rasp

Prolly has to do with the whole "introverted-programmer" thing. [smaller crowds with less noise being preferable]
Yipee! But I'll still be faithful to my old engine (mikeynity). Maybe. What do you think about it? Is it really games programming? Or cheating?

~ Bring a Pen ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unity Free for mobile PowerMacX 0 761 May 22, 2013 06:43 PM
Last Post: PowerMacX