borges
Unregistered

Danlab Wrote:i found a goud website talking about isometric view
its in french but the pic at the bottom talk more than words

http://tdrgame.free.fr/doc/3Diso.html

Great link -- thanks! The English version appears to be here:

http://www.pixelfreak.com/v3/en/tutorial0.html
Quote this message in a reply
I don't like the style of isometric shown in the beginning. The clean style. Infact I really really dislike it, according to me it would only fit if you'r making pictures/game/etc of Lego. Everything looks so dead, inanemate(sp?), robotic etcÖ

But a more real isometric style(but with the same perspective) can look really really great.

"Gameplay Uber Alles. And if you can make it psychedelic too, great!" - Jeff Minter
Founder
Very neat.

How abou this....

Every look at this tutorial. And post your own little house. Keeping is style of the tutorial, but of course the shape of the house can be as you wish (ie 2 floors, more windows.) Then post your pixel art.

After enough people post, we can have a little village which will be great for all the coders wanted to make an RPG.

So here is a chance for all the artists to shine. Smile

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
ERaZer Wrote:I don't like the style of isometric shown in the beginning. The clean style. Infact I really really dislike it, according to me it would only fit if you'r making pictures/game/etc of Lego. Everything looks so dead, inanemate(sp?), robotic etcÖ

It looks so much better in motion Smile
Camacho Wrote:Very neat.

How abou this....

Every look at this tutorial. And post your own little house. Keeping is style of the tutorial, but of course the shape of the house can be as you wish (ie 2 floors, more windows.) Then post your pixel art.

After enough people post, we can have a little village which will be great for all the coders wanted to make an RPG.

So here is a chance for all the artists to shine. Smile

This isn't based on on that tutorial, I did it a while ago for a redesign of my site which I later scrapped. But along the same lines:

[Image: house.gif]
Founder
Great. We need to settle on an angle and pixel size.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tutorial to Design Walking Isometric Avatars Donar 3 6,880 Jan 19, 2008 12:55 PM
Last Post: ynda20
  2d isometric sprites Leroy 2 10,328 Mar 31, 2007 10:44 PM
Last Post: Leroy