Source Code

Sage
Now that everyone's tired of answering my questions, here's another little request. Does anybody here have source code for a free Tetris-type game, Pong-type game, Pac-Man-type game, or side scroller? I don't want to be in violation of any copyright laws so any source code that I shouldn't have, I don't want but if any of you have written any of these and are willing to share the source code I would appreciate it.

I have found that one easy way for me to learn to make games is to examine other people's source code and use references for ways to use the commands/functions.

Any response is a good response to me.
Quote this message in a reply
SimReality/Nick Wrote:Does anybody here have source code for a free Tetris-type game

*cough*

http://jeweltoy.aegidian.org/

-- Giles Williams
Oolite - retro space-sim agogo
It's a shame we don't have the source code for previous years' uDevGames entries available right now, because they'd be ideal for your situation. I imagine we'll get them all back online at some point in the not-too-distant future, but for now you'll just have to track down the games yourself. Take a look at this thread - try some of the games out, and if you think they're relevant, try asking the developer for the source code.

Oddly, not many people seem to have made their source code available on their own website, but I'm sure they'd be willing to hand it out if you ask.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Nibbie
Im aware that this page isn't made for mac sources but if you need some tips on how to work a game engine.
http://www.planet-source-code.com
Sage
Thanks for all the help. I'm still looking so more responses are still welcome.
edit: I am looking for simpler games that are not OpenGL based so that I can learn and begin programming. I appreciate these links, but simple Carbon or Cocoa games like Tetris or Pong would be more helpful if anyone has access to that kind of source code.
Well, you might want to look at SpriteWorld. They are some simple demo apps included in there.
SimReality: I've got exactly what you want, but I have to dig it up.

Pong in Cocoa is a great project to start with.

Here's a link for Pong I wrote in Cocoa:

http://idevgames.com/forum/showthread.ph...ight=cocoa

Funny to read it now Smile I've come a fair ways Rasp

-Aaron
Sage
How about source for the cross-platform platform scroller "Alex the Allegator".
Sage
Really? That would be awesome. I love that game. Thanks a bunch. Isn't that made with Allegro? How do I make games with Allegro?
Indeed, it is made using Allegro. Judging simply by the size, though, this isn't a very simple example for a newbie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Game / Engine Source code in C++ and MSVC kiavash2k 1 5,077 Apr 12, 2012 11:35 PM
Last Post: DJyStyler
  Recursively Packing Source Code Into One File? daveh84 15 7,058 Feb 3, 2010 08:36 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  3dfx video card drivers source code released! xDexx 4 3,118 Jun 6, 2003 12:32 PM
Last Post: wadesworld