Starting Out With XCode

Sage
I am new to Macs. I am fairly new to programming. I have limited knowledge of C++. Can somebody, either here or with a link, give me a tutorial (from start to finish) on how to create a small simple game with Xcode? My thanks for all help.

Nick Gravelyn
Quote this message in a reply
What you're asking for doesn't exist. If it did, it'd probably be about 200 pages long.

Slow down. Learn how to build simple programs with XCode. (Things like where you enter 3 numbers and it returns the average). Learn C++.

Then you can move on to learning things like creating windows, drawing content, saving preferences, handling keyboard input, etc, etc - all of which you'll need to know for a "simple" game.

Wade
CubeFusion
Unregistered

The closest thing I could find was this. Unfortunately if you are completely new to Cocoa and Objective-C, then that tutorial series can get pretty confusing in a few places. He also seems to be using "Unix" style coding during a few spots in the tutorial rather than the Mac style (Things like naming all constants ALL_CAPS_WITH_UNDERSCORES rather than kInFrontOfWordsThatHaveTheFirstLetterCapitalized). However I'm probably just nitpicking because he has a different coding style than me, which is a damn pathetic reason to whine. So check it out.
CubeFusion Wrote:He also seems to be using "Unix" style coding during a few spots in the tutorial rather than the Mac style (Things like naming all constants ALL_CAPS_WITH_UNDERSCORES rather than kInFrontOfWordsThatHaveTheFirstLetterCapitalized).
OT, but... anymore I think the "Unix" style has become the "Mac" style.
Sage
Quote:Slow down. Learn how to build simple programs with XCode. (Things like where you enter 3 numbers and it returns the average). Learn C++.

I am learning C++ right now. However I haven't a clue on how to START with Xcode so I can't make any program because I am unfamiliar with the display codes and how to work with the components in the Interface Builder.

Thanks for the link. Not quite what I am going for, but informative nonetheless.