multiply NSSounds at once?

honkFactory
Unregistered

Is it possible for NSSound to play more than one wave at a time? It seems that a sound won't start to play until the previous one has finished.
Quote this message in a reply
I'd recommend just using quicktime. If you're looking for an easy to use Cocoa/Quicktime movie(takes sound files) wrapper Have a look at the CocoaBlitz source. Specifically the CBMovie class.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
honkFactory
Unregistered

NSMovie, unlike NSSound, will allow you to play multiple sounds at the same time?
NSMovie plays better when loading multiple sounds. You're still going to need multiple instances of NSMovie. And with NSMovie you're going to need to control quicktime somehow (which is what CBMovie does for you).

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
It always works for me, I always have a song playing and then 1 sound effect with NSSound
honkFactory
Unregistered

Kelvin: Thanks. It took me a while to see what you where doing there. I am still a little unsure of why it is necessary for NSTimer to play a quicktime movie but it works!

Jake: I wish I could say the same. The problems that I was having with NSSound as the same problems that I experience when I play project 32 from nehe.org. If i played sounds to close to each other the second sound would get dropped. Too bad. Using NSSound is so much cleaner than using quicktime in cocoa.